GWN's Fitness Thread

The exercises you listed are going to strengthen your core plenty. Bench press, squat, and deadlift all require significant core strength when performed correctly. Focus on form for each.

Appreciate you asking Big Scott. We lost the baby. The wife was heartbroken for about a week (hormones certainly didn’t help). Doctors told us that they have no idea what happened. Everything looked perfect. We go back on the 10th for another transfer. We are both in positive spirits about it again. The Most High always has his plan even if it isn’t ours and we will meet our daughter one day. We have 3 fertilized and tested embryos that all graded really, really high. Would still love any and every thoughts and prayers. Y’all are my boys and help distract me so y’all have helped tremendously lol.

My man I’m so sorry to hear that. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Ah shit. Can’t lose
LOL. Shit son.

Got 15 in 2:22.37. Hamstrings were a little tight from Thursday’s workout but I still felt fairly strong. I’d like to be faster but it is what it is. I’m giving it all I got.

Wife finished in 2:16 and she was off today. Didn’t have any hydration and she started cramping. So she’ll crush it when she’s dialed in.

By the way, the Nathan 1.5l hydration vest was titties. Extremely comfortable and having that water on hand was a game changer.

LOL. Shit son.

Got 15 in 2:22.37. Hamstrings were a little tight from Thursday’s workout but I still felt fairly strong. I’d like to be faster but it is what it is. I’m giving it all I got.

Wife finished in 2:16 and she was off today. Didn’t have any hydration and she started cramping. So she’ll crush it when she’s dialed in.

By the way, the Nathan 1.5l hydration vest was titties. Extremely comfortable and having that water on hand was a game changer.
Holy shit your wife is a beast

I love this story. Shows the power of the mind.

“For years and years, people tried to crack the 4-minute barrier. Some got close, extremely close you could say, but for roughly nine years the record stood still at 4:01.30, as runners coupled with the idea that maybe, just maybe, the experts had it right. Perhaps it was impossible, perhaps the human body had reached its limit.
Then on May 6, 1954, on a cold, wet day in Oxford, England, that all seemed to change when a man by the name of Roger Bannister, at the age of 25, did the unthinkable and broke the 4-minute barrier running the distance in 3:59.4. All of a sudden, all limits were broken, what once was deemed impossible, was no possible, and all previous beliefs, that it couldn't be done, were shattered.
All it took, you see, was one man with an idea ingrained so deep in his mind to defy doctors, scientists, and do the impossible.
When you believe in something so much, imagine it so vividly, that it becomes your reality, you are bound to do it. I don't care what it is. You are bound to do it, and this is the case with Roger Bannister. He did the impossible and broke the 4-minute barrier not just because he believed he could, but because he was certain he would.
In fact, as part of his training, he relentlessly visualized the achievement in order to create a sense of certainty in his mind and body. He knew what it felt like to break the record before he actually broke it. He alone was able to create certainty within himself without seeing any physical proof that it could be done.
This is why Roger Bannister is such a beacon and icon for humanity. Not just because he was a fast runner or ran a sub-4-minute mile but because he showed us that the only limits we have exist in our own mind. He did the impossible, he did the unthinkable, he did what doctors and scientists both agreed could not be done.
"Whoever tried would die in a foolish attempt," they said.
What's even more amazing then Bannister's impossible, record-breaking run, is just 46 days after Bannister did the unthinkable, another runner did as well. And this time a full 1.5 seconds faster, running the distance in only 3.57.9. Yes, only about six weeks after Bannister did the impossible, another runner did as well.
But it didn't just stop there, as more and more runners started to believe that it could be done, more and more runners began to break the record and by the end of 1957, roughly only 3 years after Bannister's impossible, record-breaking run, 16 runners had achieved the impossible as well and broke the 4-minute barrier.
How the hell is that possible? How is it possible that so shortly after Bannister broke the four-minute barrier other runners began to do it as well? Was there a sudden spurt in human evolution? Did all runners just begin to get better and better? Did they all change their training and diet simultaneously? Or was it something else, something deeper?
Obviously, there was not a sudden spurt in human evolution, this was only 46 days after, not 46 years. And no, 6 weeks is certainly not enough time for someone to change their training and diet and drastically improve. So, therefore, it was not a physical change that was made, but rather, a psychological one.
Other runners now believed it was possible, they saw it could be done so they went and did it. Simple.
Since Roger Bannister's impossible, record-breaking run in 1954 over 1,400 professional male athletes have broken the record. A record, as I said earlier, was not thought to be humanly possible. Doctors and scientists both agreed and said it couldn't be done!
All it takes is one man (or women) to challenge all beliefs and do the impossible for others to follow.
Break the rules, do something daring, and never—ever, set limits on yourself.
If you want to achieve and receive anything you want, you first have to believe that you can. Then and only then will you put in the effort necessary to put yourself in a position to be successful and do the impossible.
Believe in yourself, believe that you can become whatever you want to become, believe down to your very core that you will get everything you want in this world.
Remove your limiting beliefs, remove your perception of what you believe to be possible, and don't let your mind be the only thing that is holding you back.
The first step to achieving anything you want is first believing you can”

Thanks for the words fellas. Much needed. Gotta keep up on the hydration and recovery. It’s a total mental grind at this point but champs persevere.

Members online

No members online now.
Back