GWN's Fitness Thread

If I were just running 10 I think I could let it go pretty good. It’s going to be leaving something in the tank for the unknown that’s always going to keep me from going too fast. The nightmare is running out of gas between 18 and 22.

If I were just running 10 I think I could let it go pretty good. It’s going to be leaving something in the tank for the unknown that’s always going to keep me from going too fast. The nightmare is running out of gas between 18 and 22.
Have you started prepping in-race nutrition? Hydration and such? I bought a bunch of different gels to try. Still haven’t figured out hydration. I’d like to use a vest, but I’m worried about chaffing.

Have you started prepping in-race nutrition? Hydration and such? I bought a bunch of different gels to try. Still haven’t figured out hydration. I’d like to use a vest, but I’m worried about chaffing.
Haven’t done anything with hydration but I need to figure that out. Anything over 6 miles I’ve been testing Gu gels. So far so good

I’m probably going to do some type of waist thing for gels and phone (and water in training). I’m hoping during the race people will toss me a water bottle every once in a while.

My feet are blistered from my socks and shoes being soaked and I’ve got to start taking hydration way more seriously

As far as chaffing goes, I use body glide. Something I started doing years ago playing basketball and never do any type of lengthy sweaty activity without it

Boys, y’all are inspiring me. Maybe not to run, but to f’ing get after it. Your determination is admirable and y’all are kicking ass. Rain, snow, sunshine, hurt or not y’all are pushing through. Respect ✊🏼. A microcosm of life.
Respect ✊🏼

Members online

Back