GWN's Fitness Thread

7 on deck tomorrow. Then 15 on Saturday. Getting some legit rest in Thursday and Friday in hopes of turning in a decent performance Saturday.

How is the wife?
Appreciate you asking Big Scott. We lost the baby. The wife was heartbroken for about a week (hormones certainly didn’t help). Doctors told us that they have no idea what happened. Everything looked perfect. We go back on the 10th for another transfer. We are both in positive spirits about it again. The Most High always has his plan even if it isn’t ours and we will meet our daughter one day. We have 3 fertilized and tested embryos that all graded really, really high. Would still love any and every thoughts and prayers. Y’all are my boys and help distract me so y’all have helped tremendously lol.

Appreciate you asking Big Scott. We lost the baby. The wife was heartbroken for about a week (hormones certainly didn’t help). Doctors told us that they have no idea what happened. Everything looked perfect. We go back on the 10th for another transfer. We are both in positive spirits about it again. The Most High always has his plan even if it isn’t ours and we will meet our daughter one day. We have 3 fertilized and tested embryos that all graded really, really high. Would still love any and every thoughts and prayers. Y’all are my boys and help distract me so y’all have helped tremendously lol.
Man.

praying for you guys and will continue to do so.

Damn man, I’ve been afraid to ask and was a little concerned. I’m so sorry. 931-703-6051 if you need someone to talk to. All love and prayers.

Ah man brother. I am so sorry to hear that.

Trust in the lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding.

Y’all be strong. As always, I will do absolutely anything I can for you. Just say the word.

Ah man brother. I am so sorry to hear that.

Trust in the lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding.

Y’all be strong. As always, I will do absolutely anything I can for you. Just say the word.
Thank you GWN. Proud to have you guys as friends. We have recovered pretty well. One huge blessing out of all this- my wife has documented the entire IVF journey on FB. I hated the idea at first. But there have been so many women that have reached out to her about it thanking her. There were a number of them that wanted info in how the process worked and used our story to achieve that. She even documented the miscarriage and a number of women were thankful that she did that as well. They wanted to talk to someone about their infertility issues and miscarriage issues. There were so many people that reached out that my wife started a FB page so they could have a community to discuss, vent, etc. on infertility, IVF, and miscarriages. My wife is over the youth ministry at Crosspoint Church in Dickson and she has gotten a number of people to come back to church again and open up their relationships with the Lord. It’s been amazing from that standpoint. That really helped us heal in all this. A lot of greater good was accomplished.

Thank you GWN. Proud to have you guys as friends. We have recovered pretty well. One huge blessing out of all this- my wife has documented the entire IVF journey on FB. I hated the idea at first. But there have been so many women that have reached out to her about it thanking her. There were a number of them that wanted info in how the process worked and used our story to achieve that. She even documented the miscarriage and a number of women were thankful that she did that as well. They wanted to talk to someone about their infertility issues and miscarriage issues. There were so many people that reached out that my wife started a FB page so they could have a community to discuss, vent, etc. on infertility, IVF, and miscarriages. My wife is over the youth ministry at Crosspoint Church in Dickson and she has gotten a number of people to come back to church again and open up their relationships with the Lord. It’s been amazing from that standpoint. That really helped us heal in all this. A lot of greater good was accomplished.
It’s tremendous that those things have been able to come from this and even more remarkable that you guys have been able to adopt that viewpoint and push forward.

I’m not a big social media guy but there’s nothing I love more than people helping people. We all have different struggles but there really is always someone willing to listen and help. Often times people willing to help don’t ask what they can do and those who need help are afraid to speak up or embarrassed to seek it out.

It’s tremendous that those things have been able to come from this and even more remarkable that you guys have been able to adopt that viewpoint and push forward.

I’m not a big social media guy but there’s nothing I love more than people helping people. We all have different struggles but there really is always someone willing to listen and help. Often times people willing to help don’t ask what they can do and those who need help are afraid to speak up or embarrassed to seek it out.
For sure. Like I said, I hated the idea at first. Not a big fan of putting my business out there. But she was right. A ton of people were just waiting for someone to start something like this. It changed my entire perspective once I saw the outreach. I had no idea that a. infertility was this common and b. there wasn’t a place where a lot of women could talk about it.

Catching up on this, wU. Weighing heavy as I read through. It is remarkable how quickly that community formed around (and because of) your wife. Keeping you two in my thoughts as you stare down that challenge and share your story.

My barber (good friend of mine) rang my phone many times during their fertility journey. He told me that celebrating the joy and pain of every bit of it was how they decided to get through it. And then I was able to connect his wife with another close friend of ours after a miscarriage. Impossible to overstate how important the community aspect is.

They have a daughter who is now almost 2. He is a barber, wife is a hairdresser, and that little girl... still doesn't have any hair on her head. You will have one, too, and I cannot wait to hear about her.

Fertility and miscarriage are more widespread than most people imagine because it typically doesn’t surface in conversation. I have had several close friends impacted by both.

For sure. Like I said, I hated the idea at first. Not a big fan of putting my business out there. But she was right. A ton of people were just waiting for someone to start something like this. It changed my entire perspective once I saw the outreach. I had no idea that a. infertility was this common and b. there wasn’t a place where a lot of women could talk about it.
Love it Wick. Leading people to Jesus is the greatest thing that could possibly come out of this, there is no greater gift to give. It why we are here, unfortunately sometimes it takes great misfortune to do so.

I love that your wife has found that outlet, that is so very important. To talk about those things, to keep it from slowly building up inside. It’s very important for you, too. When we went through our miscarriages, I often felt as though I had to always keep it together for my wife, and I neglected what I was feeling for too long and it eventually had to come out. So please find that outlet, even if you don’t think you need it now. Always here if needed. Will continue to pray for y’all!

A good friend of mine was IVF, they tried for 6 years to get pregnant. The first time the IVF was successful and the second time wasn’t and they were very disappointed, but they had closure. Then the very next month they got pregnant of their very own. Lord works in mysterious ways.

Catching up on this, wU. Weighing heavy as I read through. It is remarkable how quickly that community formed around (and because of) your wife. Keeping you two in my thoughts as you stare down that challenge and share your story.

My barber (good friend of mine) rang my phone many times during their fertility journey. He told me that celebrating the joy and pain of every bit of it was how they decided to get through it. And then I was able to connect his wife with another close friend of ours after a miscarriage. Impossible to overstate how important the community aspect is.

They have a daughter who is now almost 2. He is a barber, wife is a hairdresser, and that little girl... still doesn't have any hair on her head. You will have one, too, and I cannot wait to hear about her.
Thank you DBake. It really means the world to me l, y’all reaching out like this. That is crazy considering their professing and that she doesn’t have hair lol

Thank you DBake. It really means the world to me l, y’all reaching out like this. That is crazy considering their professing and that she doesn’t have hair lol
Personally not the praying kind wU but sending all good vibes you and your misses way. I’ve been incredibly blessed with two healthy boys but there was one devastating (and physically brutal for my wife) miscarriage in between. Don’t know exactly what you guys/she went through but I don’t wish what happened to my wife during her miscarriage on anyone.

Personally not the praying kind wU but sending all good vibes you and your misses way. I’ve been incredibly blessed with two healthy boys but there was one devastating (and physically brutal for my wife) miscarriage in between. Don’t know exactly what you guys/she went through but I don’t wish what happened to my wife during her miscarriage on anyone.
Thank you Noch. I’m sorry you and your wife had to deal with that but I’m glad you got your two boys from it! I told my wife about all of y’all hoping she and I are doing well and it was everything she could do not to cry. She can’t believe that people I’ve never met would care that much about us.

Also, starting a new workout routine this week. My old one was good but now I’m gonna be getting more into legs and core. Deadlifts, Romanian deadlifts, pull ups, and still doing the main core things I already do (bench, squats). Any other core suggestions are greatly appreciated that I can work in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back