2021 Resolutions

•Read the Bible(came up short last year)
•Drop 15 lbs(already dropped 18, so 15 on top of it)
•Possibly go back to school
•Coach my boy to a ship in baseball

I like 05 never again, don’t get me wrong. He’s solid. And I can go a little long winded. But I don’t think he’s ever posted anything short of three full paragraphs lol

1. Be in the weight room 3+ times per week
  2. Addendum to 1: do a better job tracking progress on lifts
  3. Journal and self-reflect more. Be more comfortable sitting with and sorting through those thoughts.
  4. Continue Saturday walks through downtown shops with my son.
  5. Surprise my wife with a trip to a new city (she won't see this)
  6. Miss 0 of my niece's pee-wee basketball games. Gonna be lit.
  7. Publish 2+ journal articles
  8. Have a draft of a publishable book or book chapter
  9. Don't shy away from difficult topics in the classroom
  10. Help ramp (back) up our leadership training program, especially aimed at in-career CJ professionals
Some of these are more important than others. Family and self ones take major priority. But I think those will go a long way toward providing positive energy to the professional goals.

Sorry for the relative novel. I know Z values brevity. :D

1. Be in the weight room 3+ times per week
  2. Addendum to 1: do a better job tracking progress on lifts
  3. Journal and self-reflect more. Be more comfortable sitting with and sorting through those thoughts.
  4. Continue Saturday walks through downtown shops with my son.
  5. Surprise my wife with a trip to a new city (she won't see this)
  6. Miss 0 of my niece's pee-wee basketball games. Gonna be lit.
  7. Publish 2+ journal articles
  8. Have a draft of a publishable book or book chapter
  9. Don't shy away from difficult topics in the classroom
  10. Help ramp (back) up our leadership training program, especially aimed at in-career CJ professionals
Some of these are more important than others. Family and self ones take major priority. But I think those will go a long way toward providing positive energy to the professional goals.

Sorry for the relative novel. I know Z values brevity. :D
Journal articles I imagine to be education specific. What about the book? Same type thing or fictional novelish type?

I should have mentioned this but I want to see if I can finish my novels. I got about 15K words. Need to get another 50K or so to go.

Journal articles I imagine to be education specific. What about the book? Same type thing or fictional novelish type?

Nailed it with journal articles. Academic, peer-review process is what I mean with it.

Same type of thing for the book. I officially have a contract to write a chapter in a larger book. On how the pandemic & community protests throughout 2020 affected the work and mental wellness of law enforcement officers.

I have a couple of other irons near the fire, as well.

Nailed it with journal articles. Academic, peer-review process is what I mean with it.

Same type of thing for the book. I officially have a contract to write a chapter in a larger book. On how the pandemic & community protests throughout 2020 affected the work and mental wellness of law enforcement officers.

Whenever they become public, let us know!

Let’s get it DBake

Went to niece's first bball game Tuesday night.

The good: Highly entertaining. She actually knows what is going on and is pretty feisty. Also has light-up shoes.

Final Score: a 2-2 stalemate

The less good: My 2 year old simply does not understand why he cannot go out there and join, which makes for a 4-quarter tantrum.

Went to niece's first bball game Tuesday night.

The good: Highly entertaining. She actually knows what is going on and is pretty feisty. Also has light-up shoes.

Final Score: a 2-2 stalemate

The less good: My 2 year old simply does not understand why he cannot go out there and join, which makes for a 4-quarter tantrum.
Barnburner

Yeah man, I’ve been through the 2 year old not understanding why he can’t do big kid things. Don’t envy you at all.

My wife is writing her dissertation right now on the pandemic and remote learning (and some other things I can’t remember lol) and I must say, it appears to be quite a bitch. So much respect to y’all ✊🏼

Members online

No members online now.
Back