#TNS Thread

No worries, I don't make too many appearances in this thread so I'm pretty easy to forget in here.

Raynoch is doing good, thanks for asking. Still a puppy and still having a few puppy moments but this last month has been (mostly) great, seems to be turning the corner from a discipline standpoint. April 2nd though is the day he loses his berries so we'll see how that impacts him.

I have a 2 year old half boxer/half lab named Tori. She wears me out and isn't all there but probably the sweetest dog I know.

Can't sleep. Too sad about Bruce. :(

I like how everybody on TV keeps saying that everyone deserves a second chance with regard to Pearl. I was always under the impression that we were his second (major school wise) chance, no? Did we all just forget his whole Illinois recruit taping incident?

I like how everybody on TV keeps saying that everyone deserves a second chance with regard to Pearl. I was always under the impression that we were his second (major school wise) chance, no? Did we all just forget his whole Illinois recruit taping incident?

Plus he got in trouble with the NCAA for the same hosting-recruits-at-home infraction at Milwaukee that he later got busted for her. Plus he committed and tried to hide a recruiting infraction days after the big weepy press conference. It was all ticky tack stuff (other than the lying to the NCAA and asking others to lie to the NCAA part) but the upshot is that this wasn't a guy who made one mistake. This was a guy with a pattern of screwups and coverups. Even if they'd wanted to, the UTAD couldn't afford to bring him right back.

I knew it would be bad, but the BB forum was downright unbelievable today. I couldn't believe all the guys talking about how they hope Auburn kills us, talking about buying Auburn gear, saying that they're done with UT basketball forever. Chief called it a low point in VN history, and it might well be the lowest. Certainly since I started reading it.

Last edited:

Ha I somehow forgot all about that.

School and work. I actually have an event next Wednesday for Dick's. It's a manager's assessment, and if I do well, which my district manager said he thinks I have a strong shot to do really well, I'll get a management position at one of the Nashville stores. Pretty hype/nervous bout it. Wbu big Z

I'm not TNS, but good luck with this Wu. Movin on up.

Actually looked at those because they are a higher level of Puma's than the ones I have but they're stiffer than mine. Some people like them that way but I'd prefer a little less durability for increased touch/feel on the ball.

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but probably going to go with the inov8's.

Sweet. If I was you I would read customer reviews on shoes that we named off. That's usually how I get a lot of my info on shoes anyways. The only thimg about the Inov8's with you that I'd be nervous about is they are a lighter trail runner. And there is nothing wrong with that, but with your knee, if you hit a rock, stick, or any other similar object, it may not have enough support. Woth lighter shoes, they won't absorb the ahock impact of you running, so that impact is usually distributed to your knees, feet, and back. Only reason I brought it up is becaise a lot of military tweek theor knees again when theyve been injured before, and they wonder why when they come into my dept. Usually more often then not they had a lightweight shoe.

I'd look at those Brooks Cascadia again. Brooks uses a high-viscosity liquid in their shoe, which basically means the gel is soft and cushiony when you're standing/walking, but the more impact, the gel gets harder. So,when you run and that gel gets harder, it absorbs more impact and takes that pressure off your knees. GWN's GT-2000 also comes in a trail runner. It's a little stiffer than the Brooks, but it has excellent support and cushion. Eother of those 2 would probably be my top recommendations. I'd just be nervous you'd go out there and tweek that knee again on such an uneven surface in a lightweight shoe.

I'd look at those Brooks Cascadia again. Brooks uses a high-viscosity liquid in their shoe, which basically means the gel is soft and cushiony when you're standing/walking, but the more impact, the gel gets harder. So,when you run and that gel gets harder, it absorbs more impact and takes that pressure off your knees. GWN's GT-2000 also comes in a trail runner. It's a little stiffer than the Brooks, but it has excellent support and cushion. Eother of those 2 would probably be my top recommendations. I'd just be nervous you'd go out there and tweek that knee again on such an uneven surface in a lightweight shoe.

Appreciate the heads up on those Brooks, those actually sound pretty nice. I'll look into them before deciding on anything.

Plus he got in trouble with the NCAA for the same hosting-recruits-at-home infraction at Milwaukee that he later got busted for her. Plus he committed and tried to hide a recruiting infraction days after the big weepy press conference. It was all ticky tack stuff (other than the lying to the NCAA and asking others to lie to the NCAA part) but the upshot is that this wasn't a guy who made one mistake. This was a guy with a pattern of screwups and coverups. Even if they'd wanted to, the UTAD couldn't afford to bring him right back.

I don't think I knew about the recruits at home thing while at UWM, that makes it even worse to me that he did it again here. But I do remember it coming out that he'd committed another here right after that PC. I fully believe that the NCAA is a stupid and possibly/probably corrupt organization, and it's almost impossible not to violate any one of their 100's on inane rules, but to habitually repeat the same one(s) over and over again is just either insanely stupid or insanely egotistical.

Only a few hours till Scotty checks the morning paper to find out who won the basketball game.

Only a few hours till Scotty checks the morning paper to find out who won the basketball game.

Makes me think of being a kid when the Braves were playing at the Dodgers and I'd wake up to check the paper for the score and it would say that it was too late to make it to print.

Oh Internet, you're the bestest!

I ain't even THAT old but I did pretty much learn to read from a boxscore in the paper.

Members online

No members online now.
Back