Wu's very own recruiting thread.

I mean yeesh. Folks popping in there whining because they themselves are refreshing a thread and reading through discussions.

I am not going to read that whole Gibson thread. Is there anything I need to do? I mean, that doesn't involve me having to read that whole Gibson thread.

I am not going to read that whole Gibson thread. Is there anything I need to do? I mean, that doesn't involve me having to read that whole Gibson thread.

Na nothing big. Dbake was trying to have a discussion, and a couple of the guys didn't like all the "negative" talk going on, even though the kid basically got kicked out of his high school and was a problem with his attitude. He was just discussing that, couple posters demanded it to stop, and dbake answered in a few posts that whether or not the posters like it, it's a relevant conversation, regardless if it's positive or not. To sum it up, couple dudes got butthurt some people don't want a kid with a bad rep already

Na nothing big. Dbake was trying to have a discussion, and a couple of the guys didn't like all the "negative" talk going on, even though the kid basically got kicked out of his high school and was a problem with his attitude. He was just discussing that, couple posters demanded it to stop, and dbake answered in a few posts that whether or not the posters like it, it's a relevant conversation, regardless if it's positive or not. To sum it up, couple dudes got butthurt some people don't want a kid with a bad rep already

Dbake is such a troublemaker.

If whether a recruit got kicked out of high school isn't a relevant discussion topic then we need to just shut the whole damn RF down. Ridiculous. I hate the fans who don't give a crap about anything other than winning winning winning, and who cares if a kid can't read or beats up girls or whatever it is.

few things...
1) people started freaking out when the discussion we were having was more relevant and thoughtful than anything in his thread since the beginning or a solid news update. odd timing to take a stand against discussion.
2) coming in and saying "man this thread has gone off the rails!" doesn't get it on track.
3) a dude got mad because someone jumped to conclusions without adequate evidence... in a message board recruiting forum...
4) i found the last however many pages of that thread to be highly entertaining. couldn't stop myself.
5) amazing that those constantly checking and drooling over these recruit threads cannot yet grasp the "there have been no updates but this thread is still popular" concept. not meaning to sound pompous but... it's like they've never followed a recruit before. if we are offering these kids during pop warner, there will be some dull times in their threads.

Cynical breaze. Damn little league parents have taken a toll.

JC Schurbert said that there is no doubt he thinks Khalil McKenzie will be a Vol, and because of that, thinks Tim Settle will be a Vol as well. Settle wants to play with an elite DT and is good friends woth McKenzie

Never like to battle Auburn in recruiting, especially a 5 star QB. Still crazy that we can't get a QB

To be fair... Being in this battle for Gibson is more an impressive possibility than a sign we have no chance to get a well rated QB

Sooo what QB do we get, you guys?

Dormady. Francois is a long shot, but we could turn his head on Orange Carpet weekend or whatever it's called. Regardless, if we miss on someone here, I bet we will be relentless in trying to recruit a guy committed somewhere else. Ultimately we miss on Gibson imo

and the people hating the idea of taking gibson will freak out about ultimately missing on gibson.

but yeah, T-Gibs or Dorms.

Members online

Back