GWN's Fitness Thread

Coach?!?!!
Well...

She’s a veteran of probably 12 marathons and multiple ultra-marathons. She’s giving me advice and suggestions. She turned me on to the Hal Higdon prep and the Normatec boots from work. She’s also running the 40 mile ultra at Strolling Jim.

Well...

She’s a veteran of probably 12 marathons and multiple ultra-marathons. She’s giving me advice and suggestions. She turned me on to the Hal Higdon prep and the Normatec boots from work. She’s also running the 40 mile ultra at Strolling Jim.
Hal is the most commonly used training program. I didn’t want all those mid week miles. I’m doing the peloton marathon program and even then I’m skipping one of the weekly runs.

if I had the hyperice I’d be in business

Hal is the most commonly used training program. I didn’t want all those mid week miles. I’m doing the peloton marathon program and even then I’m skipping one of the weekly runs.

if I had the hyperice I’d be in business
The Normatec boots are just compression. Although I do have access to Game Ready and multiple sleeves, which circulates ice water and air.

I also picked up a knockoff Theragun for like $90 and it’s legit.

The Normatec boots are just compression. Although I do have access to Game Ready and multiple sleeves, which circulates ice water and air.

I also picked up a knockoff Theragun for like $90 and it’s legit.
I spent $10 on a double holster water belt, ice my knees with regular ice pack sleeves and soak in an epsom tub like a chump

Well...

you’re talking about your wife?

Unbelievable. Even if I could run 40 miles (lol) I’d be so damn bored doing so.
This is real.. I’ve reached the point now where I don’t get winded running. Sometimes my legs are sore but most times they aren’t. It’s all about staying hydrated and focused. Almost exclusively a mental game assuming you have enough fluids and aren’t injured.

After the run is an entirely different matter tho

This is real.. I’ve reached the point now where I don’t get winded running. Sometimes my legs are sore but most times they aren’t. It’s all about staying hydrated and focused. Almost exclusively a mental game assuming you have enough fluids and aren’t injured.

After the run is an entirely different matter tho
100%. My cardio is never in question. My right calf gets tight and my right groin gets tight during the run, but that’s usually it unless I’m going double digits without proper rest. I have a harder time figuring out what music is going to motivate me that day.

Gonna try dropping 10-12 lbs over the next 5 weeks to help with marathon pounding and time

Members online

Back