GWN's Fitness Thread

Any of y'all know some (relatively) close places to hike this spring in middle Tennessee? I'm trying to make that a weekend morning thing

Texts I received back:

Hmm idk, I don't do big hikes close to nashville, but I make a lot of Saturday mornings at radnor lake and the Percy warner red trail

If you're going further away the savage gulf area is supposed to be good. Fiery gizzard is a top 25 trail in America

You got it man

I don't have any personal experience with that but that was from a good friend from college

I know a lot of people think that they're a bit of a gimmick but does anyone do box jumps for height?

I've done jumps to a platform for cardio a bunch but my gym just got the cushioned Rogue stack boxes. I got 42" today and didn't know how that compares to people who probably fall in the "good but not quite great" shape category. If they had another 6" box I might have tried to go for it but that might have been dicey. Figured my current best would be between the 42" and 48" level.

We did them in HS for basketball and I took that with me into college for baseball. I haven't don't them in several years and workout at home gym now but I would certainly do them if I had access/proper location for them.

I think they're great

I like them also, but don't really have the ability to do any for height. I like to mix them in as part of my WOD/cardio training.

Goal is two hours

I'm going to raise money for st jude and thinking about matching $ for $ if I don't crack two hours as extra motivation

Real proud of myself. Normally I always take weekends off but this weekend, on the traditional day of rest, I am currently knocking out some solid reps of the world's first ever core workout: dealing with a stomach bug. Abs gonna look so ripped tomorrow.

What's your training program?

I pulled a hal higdon half marathon training program off google. Figured it was as good as any. I feel confident in being able to hammer out the 13 miles as long as my skeleton holds up. I'm just concentrated on the time now. The Nashville marathon is supremely hilly.

Members online

No members online now.
Back