GWN's Fitness Thread

Downloaded the new iPhone update and got booted out for a while. But I'm back and I never stopped running.

Got some weights in Saturday too.

Did a three mile run with the class today called the Rope Run. It's a legendary USMS PT session where each squad of about 10 students carries a massive rope soaked in water all over the place. It's brutal for them, but I mainly just do a lot of screaming.

Afterwards, another Crossfit style workout.

6 rounds

Deadlift: 275lbs for 5 reps
10 push-ups
10 Toe to Bar

Did a three mile run with the class today called the Rope Run. It's a legendary USMS PT session where each squad of about 10 students carries a massive rope soaked in water all over the place. It's brutal for them, but I mainly just do a lot of screaming.

Afterwards, another Crossfit style workout.

6 rounds

Deadlift: 275lbs for 5 reps
10 push-ups
10 Toe to Bar
The terrible joke side of me wanted to ask if you felt the rope burn, but I digress. That sounds rough.

5 rounds:

8 Turkish Get-Ups
12 Kettlebell Swings
10 Burpee Box Jumps
12 Kettlebell Thruster
80 Jump Rope Single Under
8 Kettlebell Cleans

33:30

Yessir. Still doing a lot of running and finally got settled in on eating better. Next step is weights. Last weekend of fall baseball approaching so I should be able to get a regular weight routine over the next month.

12 of my 13 players are on their freshmen, JV or varsity baseball teams across 6 different schools, 5 of them public. It's a 14u team of 8th and 9th graders. The one not on a team is an 8th grader with a shot at his freshmen team next year. Proud of them. My brother has an outside chance at varsity innings as a 14 yr old freshman.

Yessir. Still doing a lot of running and finally got settled in on eating better. Next step is weights. Last weekend of fall baseball approaching so I should be able to get a regular weight routine over the next month.

12 of my 13 players are on their freshmen, JV or varsity baseball teams across 6 different schools, 5 of them public. It's a 14u team of 8th and 9th graders. The one not on a team is an 8th grader with a shot at his freshmen team next year. Proud of them. My brother has an outside chance at varsity innings as a 14 yr old freshman.

That's badass man!

Leaning very strongly towards running the nashville half marathon 4/29

Nice man. I've never done a half (or full) marathon. Don't really have the desire to do a full, but I feel like I should do a half at least once in my life.

Members online

No members online now.
Back