Wu's very own recruiting thread.

I wish people would drop the idea of Matt Williams being our QB for 2015.

Dude couldn't pass up a really bad QB at Blackman when he was there and he stays perpetually stoned.

Very bad idea.

So wU, I don't really want to add more to his actual thread bc I feel like it's already teetering on the racial line but is that Cottrell kid from close by legit? Those seem to be some freakishly good SPARQ scores. 99th percentile in 4 categories and 98th in the 5th? Wow!

So wU, I don't really want to add more to his actual thread bc I feel like it's already teetering on the racial line but is that Cottrell kid from close by legit? Those seem to be some freakishly good SPARQ scores. 99th percentile in 4 categories and 98th in the 5th? Wow!

It's hard to ignore that potential. That's one of the best sparq scores of all time and it's a little unknown white kid from Knoxville. That being said, Darryl Rollins-Davis had a really good sparq score (not that good though) and he never got that big time offer. Cottrell's competition isn't good, but neither is Jay Woods. From everything I've read on him, that's what is holding him back.. his competition. And his height to an extent, but more so the first. I would drop Woods and get Cottrell. Those types of numbers are hard to ignore. He can play the slot, RB, and be used in a lot of different ways in this offense. Play a similar rile to Sproles, Woodhead, McCluster, etc.

If it was me, I'd take him

It's hard to ignore that potential. That's one of the best sparq scores of all time and it's a little unknown white kid from Knoxville. That being said, Darryl Rollins-Davis had a really good sparq score (not that good though) and he never got that big time offer. Cottrell's competition isn't good, but neither is Jay Woods. From everything I've read on him, that's what is holding him back.. his competition. And his height to an extent, but more so the first. I would drop Woods and get Cottrell. Those types of numbers are hard to ignore. He can play the slot, RB, and be used in a lot of different ways in this offense. Play a similar rile to Sproles, Woodhead, McCluster, etc.

If it was me, I'd take him

That's what I was thinking as well. He could be a really fun tool to have at your disposal as an OC, or at least a creative OC. Still not sure if we have one of those or not.

That's what I was thinking as well. He could be a really fun tool to have at your disposal as an OC, or at least a creative OC. Still not sure if we have one of those or not.

Yeah, it's just way too early to judge. I mean, the players are admitting this year they are finally getting the entire playbook.. so I feel this year will be more telling. But, he and Jancek called a brilliant game against UGA and terrible games against Bama, Mizzou, even South Alabama. So, I'm not sure what was up with last year. I'm gonna wait to hold judgement because he was probably handcuffed to an extent with our QB's and young O. But, his Cincy offenses were much more creative so I think we'll see a big improvement this year. If not, Butch may need to do another eval on his OC

Jauan Jennings visiting for O&W game April 5. Announcing April 7.

Moat believe it's between Auburn & UT, with UT feeling the feels currently

Yeah, it's just way too early to judge. I mean, the players are admitting this year they are finally getting the entire playbook.. so I feel this year will be more telling. But, he and Jancek called a brilliant game against UGA and terrible games against Bama, Mizzou, even South Alabama. So, I'm not sure what was up with last year. I'm gonna wait to hold judgement because he was probably handcuffed to an extent with our QB's and young O. But, his Cincy offenses were much more creative so I think we'll see a big improvement this year. If not, Butch may need to do another eval on his OC

Surely we have to assume that the offense they ran against us in Neyland with Zach Collaros is more what they'd like to be doing, right? I think it's way too early to worry about that side of the ball. They've got to get a QB first.

Which, of course, puts even more weight on the decision not to recruit a QB this year. They'd better be right.

Surely we have to assume that the offense they ran against us in Neyland with Zach Collaros is more what they'd like to be doing, right? I think it's way too early to worry about that side of the ball. They've got to get a QB first.

Which, of course, puts even more weight on the decision not to recruit a QB this year. They'd better be right.

1000% agree. They cannot afford to miss on a guy. Gentry looks like the perfect fit for this system. Similar to a LeFevour type guy. Hope we land him. If not, no idea who we go after

Jauan Jennings visiting for O&W game April 5. Announcing April 7.

Moat believe it's between Auburn & UT, with UT feeling the feels currently

That VOLS_FAN15 kid definitely knows where Jennings is going.

I know of that guy and he's friends with a ton of people at that school, haha.

I'm thinking UT.

If Lorenzo Nunez wants to be a VOL, you take that man right now. Don't care what Gentry does.

So I know Butch gets who he wants and yada yada but does nobody else see a situation where we don't get any of the top 5 or so QB's that we're supposedly in on? I'm afraid that Jennings is going to be our "QB" for this class with him ending up eventually at another position and some third tier quasi local kid being the 2nd QB and never being more than a placeholder until we're in line for a stud next year, for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row.

So I know Butch gets who he wants and yada yada but does nobody else see a situation where we don't get any of the top 5 or so QB's that we're supposedly in on? I'm afraid that Jennings is going to be our "QB" for this class with him ending up eventually at another position and some third tier quasi local kid being the 2nd QB and never being more than a placeholder until we're in line for a stud next year, for the 2nd or 3rd year in a row.

It could definitely happen, but it's hard to see a situation where a QB wouldn't want to play on this team. SEC, no QB taken last year, and loads of playmakers. We'll get one imo

It could definitely happen, but it's hard to see a situation where a QB wouldn't want to play on this team. SEC, no QB taken last year, and loads of playmakers. We'll get one imo

I agree that the situation should be perfect for a really good QB but it just seems like there are extenuating circumstances for all of our top targets that will likely push them in another direction. I'd love to be wrong but it just seems to be the way that things are heading right now.

That being said, I'm probably completely wrong and Gentry will commit tomorrow.

I agree that the situation should be perfect for a really good QB but it just seems like there are extenuating circumstances for all of our top targets that will likely push them in another direction. I'd love to be wrong but it just seems to be the way that things are heading right now.

That being said, I'm probably completely wrong and Gentry will commit tomorrow.

You're right, but I think we get Jenning and one of Gentry, Nunez, Gibson (highly unlikely), or Wimbush.

We can't afford not to honestly

You're right, but I think we get Jenning and one of Gentry, Nunez, Gibson (highly unlikely), or Wimbush (even more unlikely).

We can't afford not to honestly

Sure hope you're right about Gentry (who I think ends up in Tejas) or I guess Nunez.

Members online

No members online now.
Back