Wu's very own recruiting thread.

Danny Parker said we are looking really good for Drew Richmond, but trailing Ole Miss and Bama for Kyle Phillips.

+1 especially if Hendrix and Barnett are as good as the coaches think.

Yeah not that worried about it. Hell, anyhow, we weren't in Malone's top 5 this time last year. Long ways to go.

I may be stupid, but I've never really cared for Phillips.

I don't think he's "can't miss." Take Clemmons.

Four-star offensive tackle and Memphis native Drew Richmond reiterated this week that he will make a public declaration on Sept. 9. Tennessee looks to be in fantastic shape to land the state's highest rated tackle since Cameron Clear, who was removed from the Tennessee roster for a violation of rules and now plays tight end at Texas A&M.

-Danny Parker

Wish I had spent a little time in his thread.. Lot of hilariously wrong posts in there

Apparently Tuttle had shoulder surgery this off-season, and hasn't done a ton this spring. He's back playing but isn't in football shape yet. Struggled at times last year via his shoulder

I really can't recommend this approach enough. James Banks showed me the light.

Back when I thought we sucked for not winning 10 games in any said season, I didn't follow recruiting at all. I didnt need to look elsewhere to find hope. My interest in recruiting coincided with the hiring of Dooley. So there ya go. Nonetheless, recruiting wasnt as easy to follow back when we were a legit SEC contender, as it is today. I blame social media and big business recruiting sites. Can't ignore recruiting now even if I tried.

I don't blame anyone for following it obsessively, given the state of our on-the-field team. It's just a time thing for me. The whole thing is so inexact on multiple levels -- from the perspective of an average fan sitting on his ass in front of a computer, at least -- that I try not to spend any significant time on it anymore until the last week of February.

Ftr, I was speaking of actual factual inaccuracies as opposed to the ebbs and flows of recruiting

Members online

Back