Wu's very own recruiting thread.

Recruiting is crazy.. Really like Oliver's game/potential.. I'm not really sure how the numbers are gonna work, but it seems CBJ doesn't give a damn, so I'll roll with that myself

Recruiting is crazy.. Really like Oliver's game/potential.. I'm not really sure how the numbers are gonna work, but it seems CBJ doesn't give a damn, so I'll roll with that myself

some vols finna catch the pink slip virus

i really hope two 5-star dudes commit to us during all the hype of the opening.

He really doesn't. I'm really starting to agree that taking Bruce was not the move. We still need a corner or two, another LB, 2 DT's, amother DE, another OL, and then Richmond and Jefferson.... no idea how it's going to work

'crootin is weird.

ignored the TG thread.

Doug Matthews had been hinting at it on Big Orange Sunday that we were done there. There must be some big red flags to stop recruiting an athlete of his caliber

Doug Matthews had been hinting at it on Big Orange Sunday that we were done there. There must be some big red flags to stop recruiting an athlete of his caliber

Yeah I heard him mention that too. He is usually plugged in despite what others say. He called the Maggitt red shirt before the season last year.

I'm going to successfully piss off every TG boyfriend ever :)

And for the record, I'd like to land him as an athlete

Stephen Griffin*visited*Tennessee*’s campus on Saturday for one of the program’s biggest recruiting events of the year. While attending the aptly named “Orange Carpet Day,” he was able to spend time with coaches, fellow commits and a number of other prospects still considering the Vols.

The Scout three-star safety was even able to see one of his oldest friends, current Vol and highly touted freshman Todd Kelly Jr.

“Our bond has been going on forever, since preschool,” the rising senior from South Mecklenburg (S.C.) High School said. According to Griffin, he and Kelly forged an early friendship during a three-year stint his family spent in Knoxville.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Griffin made subsequent moves to Virginia and North Carolina following his time in Knoxville and has remained in Charlotte, N.C., for most of his life. However, Griffin’s tie to his future teammate stayed intact.

“We’ve been contacting each other, staying in touch. So, it’s been good, it’s just been growing ever since,” said Griffin, rated the No. 31 safety in the nation.

Though he was able to see an old friend, Griffin also had plenty of time around fellow members of Tennessee’s 2015 recruiting class.

“I met the majority of (the current commits), and I’ve been in contact with a lot of them with the little group message we’ve got going on,” said Griffin, who gave coach Butch Jones his pledge back on March 20.

Griffin, who boasts offers from Michigan, Clemson, North Carolina, N.C. State, Georgia Tech, Boston College and Duke, surprised some who expected Griffin to bite at the opportunity to play for his father’s alma mater, Clemson.

Since his commitment to the Vols, the one-time Augusta, Ga., native has been training as a do-it-all player for South Mecklenburg. Despite a recent injury, Griffin has been a Swiss Army knife for his team.

“Recently I had a little tweak in my hamstring so I’ve been kind of taking it easy a little bit, but I’ve still been doing 7-on-7 with my team, just been working on my quarterback skills,” said Griffin, who stars on both sides of the ball.

“I’m going to be back at wide receiver and safety after July 4, so I’ll be back in a rhythm, back in the groove of things … I’m going to be playing everything (this fall), just being an athlete.”

Can someone give me the 25-word version of what has supposedly happened with this Gibson kid? I read that we have (supposedly) backed off him, but nothing more than that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back