Wu's very own recruiting thread.

Also had a couple run-ins with Saban and was suspended for "behavioral issues" at least once, and possibly a couple times.

Nothing serious that we know about, right? No cops involved?

If not, then this seems pretty damn near perfect. I'd be happy to give Hurd a year to ease into it.

Nothing serious that we know about, right? No cops involved?

If not, then this seems pretty damn near perfect. I'd be happy to give Hurd a year to ease into it.

Don't think so.

I honestly think he'll get more carries than Hurd. He's a stud.

Skills
Size8.00 out of 10
Frame8.00 out of 10
Athleticism8.00 out of 10
Hands8.00 out of 10
Catch Radius8.00 out of 10
Route Running7.00 out of 10
Mismatch Ability8.00 out of 10
Point of Attack3.00 out of 10

Some absolutely great skill ratings. Kid just started playing tight end... Has been a WR... So great WR skills. This is the prospect that a lot of Vol fans have wanted Jason Croom to be.

(Ftr, I'm not out on Croom, just a comparison)

Another comparison...

Current Vol Daniel Helm was listed at 6'4" 225 in his 247 profile. He is quite likely to see playing time as a true freshman this fall, due in part to lack of depth and in part to his receiving prowess at the TE position.
Oliver is listed at 6'5" 228. Helm was thought to be the top receiving tight end of last class, and these are his skill ratings:

Skills
Size7.00 out of 10
Frame8.00 out of 10
Athleticism7.00 out of 10
Hands8.00 out of 10
Catch Radius7.00 out of 10
Route Running7.00 out of 10
Mismatch Ability7.00 out of 10
Point of Attack7.00 out of 10

Josh Sweat*took two big visits this week.

The 6-foot-5, 240-pound Sweat was atTennessee*on Thursday and*Georgia*on Friday.

“It was a good trip,” he said. “I actually liked it a lot. It was my first time out of state, but both coaching staffs made me feel comfortable. It was pretty nice.”

Knoxville was his first stop.

“It was really nice,” Sweat said. ‘When I got there, everything was really nice – the surroundings and campus. (Wide receivers) coach (Zach) Azzanni showed me around campus. I saw everything – the football facilities, dorms and stadium.

“He talked to me about how nice it was at Tennessee, how good the people were there and how well the players got along. He also talked to me talked about the school.”

While on campus, he had a chance to speak with Tennessee head coach Butch Jones.

“I talked to him twice,” Sweat said. “He was just telling me that he thinks the program could really use my help. He said that they’re a program on the rise and that they can win a national championship if they keep building.”

Next, he went to Georgia.

“Georgia was really nice, too,” Sweat said. “When I got there, (defensive coordinator) coach (Jeremy) Pruitt was waiting for me. He gave us a tour and I liked everything from the dorms, the facilities, to the city. And I really liked the hedges that surrounded the field. It was crazy to see in person.

“Coach Pruitt really emphasized being around good people. Obviously, they’re definitely about football, but he really stressed the importance of surrounding yourself with good people.”

He had a chance to talk to Georgia head coach*Mark Richt.

“I also talked to him twice,” Sweat said. “Right before I left, we talked for about 20 minutes. He told me that they really wanted me, but told me to go where I’m comfortable. Also, think about life after football and focus on getting my degree – and that Georgia will help me.”

Along with the Volunteers and Bulldogs, Sweat said*Clemson,*Florida State,*Ohio State*and*Virginia Tech*are the schools that are recruiting him the hardest.

In regards to upcoming trips, Sweat said he could possibly visit Florida State, Ohio State and Virginia Tech before the end of the summer.

He has a tentative timeline for his recruitment.

“Most likely, I’m going to narrow it down to five sometime during the season,” Sweat said. “I’m going to try to make my announcement at the Under Armour All-American Game.”

Bushes around a field has to be one of the more overrated things in the planet, no?

Think Butch convinced him and Kahlil to commit at the opening?

10452370_664693400252631_7354050474629217664_n.png

#swoon

He seriously has the best hands in this class, imo. He plays, for a lack of better explanation, like Da'Rick, but there is a little bit of Hunter in his game too. Much more comparable to David Ricky tho. Regardless, he's probably the most "game ready" WR we've had as a freshman in a while.

Really though, this is realistic next year:

WR: North, Williams, Van Jefferson, J. Smith
WR: Malone, Pearson, Croom, Blanc
Slot: Pig, Jenkins, Wharton, J. Johnson, Bruce

Potentially Torrance Gibson as well

The rotation between the 3 deep there could be incredible

I can see him making that "I'm just better than you" catch that david ricky did against Vandy that one time. He has it all. No real weaknesses.

We (might) have the best skill players in the east in 2015.

You also forgot Kameel.

I can see him making that "I'm just better than you" catch that david ricky did against Vandy that one time. He has it all. No real weaknesses.

We (might) have the best skill players in the east in 2015.

You also forgot Kameel.

Oh damn, put Kameel ahead of Van. Potentially, it could be the most "talent" we've ever had at UT at the WR position

Members online

No members online now.
Back