Wu's very own recruiting thread.

Rasool Clemons, 4* DE from SC is trending UT today on the Crystal Balls. Kinda came out of nowhere, was though to have been LSU bound

"Tennessee*is No. 1,"*Rasool Clemons*told Scout on Monday June 30. "Me and Coach G (Robert Gillespie, Running backs) had a good, honest conversation the other day and I can see myself playing there."

Clemons has visited Knoxville, Tenn. once in the past. It was for a football game last fall. He plans to visit again in July.

A decision could come by the middle of August. "I hope to [commit] before school starts."

Tennessee has jumped to the top of Clemons' list. The 6-foot-6, 213 pound rush end/hybrid out of Aiken (S.C.) South Aiken named*LSU*No. 2,*Virginia*No. 3, and*Florida State*No. 4.

He said a visit to Virginia is a possibility as well.

This upcoming season's group would probably be up somewhere near the top in terms of overall talent but the 2015 WRs, on paper at least, will probably be pretty hard to argue against.

Agreed, Noch. Lose nobody, unless Von goes squirrel on us. He may stay even if he has an outrageous year.

Williams and Jefferson don't even have to come in and be stars for that unit to stay ridiculous. But you add in Jefferson's polish and early enrolling Williams being the biggest freak I've seen at WR in a while.... Gah.

Providing an influx of talent at the quarterback position is a vital part ofTennessee's 2015 signing class.

Consider that need addressed.

As families get together to celebrate the New Year in six months,*Quinten Dormady*will be packing his bags to start the next phase of his life —*as a Volunteer.

Scout's No. 31-ranked quarterback in the nation continues to get prodded from other universities enamored with his talent and upside but the Boerne (Texas) High School star says he's ready for life on Rocky Top.

“I don’t know if I had a Texas offer if things would change or not but I’m definitely comfortable with where I am and I’m coming (to Tennessee),” Dormady told InsideTennessee.

College coaches are quickly becoming aware that Dormady fully intends to keep his word and join the Orange & White the second his fall semester is complete.

“It’s pretty much shut down," the Scout three-star prospect said. "I mean I still get mail but as far as any other contact, not really. I mean I’m coming (to Tennessee). I try to make that known. I made that decision for a reason.”

The right-hander says he “absolutely, absolutely” feels confident he made the best decision by committing to Tennessee.

“I feel a lot better just getting it off my shoulders, all that weight, and just getting to know the guys that I’m going to play with,” he said. “I’m definitely happy.”

Part of that investment in the Big Orange stems from a belief in the coaching staff in place, including head man Butch Jones.

“I love coach Jones; he’s a huge reason that I came here,” Dormady said. “Relationships with him and coach Jake (Mike Bajakian) and with some of the players is huge.

“(The trust with the coaches) is huge because my parents are basically handing me off to them for the next four years of my life. That’s definitely huge from my perspective and from theirs and knowing I’m going to be in good hands with good coaches and good men.”

Dormady made three trips to Knoxville this calendar year already with the last coming with family for Orange Carpet Day on June 21.

“It was mostly just hanging around the guys who are already committed and getting to know them and down the road I’ll get in touch with those guys," said Dormady, who is part of a commitment class that's 18 prospects deep already.

“That was huge just to get up here to meet those guys and start that relationship now versus not knowing anyone whenever I come here in January.

“I’m looking forward to it, it will be a good four years. That’s why I’m coming here because I feel like I fit here good and really like all the players and the kids that are in my class that have committed, then however many more we still have to get.”

Justin Worley is the favorite in the clubhouse to win the starting quarterback job for the 2014 Volunteers. If that holds up through the fall and with Dormady being an early enrollee, he could have nearly as quality of a shot as starting in 2015 as others on The Hill.

“You definitely look at it but that wasn’t the reason that I came here,” Dormady said. “I look forward to competing and playing with the guys. It’s still football, still that game. Nothing is going to change as far as that goes.”

Scheduled to return for the 2015 season at his position are Joshua Dobbs and Nathan Peterman, as well as fellow newcomer Jauan Jennings. Having to beat out other talented passers to trot onto Shields-Watkins Field is understood.

“Everywhere you go you’re going to have competition,” Dormady said. “I’m just looking forward to helping the team and trying to get them to win a national championship. That’s the goal.”

The Boerne standout says repeatedly how quality of a fit playing for the Volunteers is for him and vice-versa. That includes making plays with his legs and being productive when things break down.

“I’m classified as a Pro-Style," Dormady said, "but I definitely think I’m athletic enough to be a dual-threat kind of guy. I’m not going to be one to just take off versus throw to the open guy. I can make plays with my feet if I have to, extend a play.”

The plan now is to have a productive 7-on-7 circuit with teammates this summer, carry that momentum into training camp and lead Boerne High School to a UIL state championship. That’s all made easer with the declaration made.

“It’s huge just because me coming (to Knoxville) and visiting Alabama, I missed a whole week, missed a 7-on-7 tournament with the guys,” Dormady said. “So, it’s good to get back around them and try to work on getting us a state championship this coming fall.”

The drive from Boerne, Texas, to Knoxville is roughly 1,145 miles. The triggerman doesn’t expect to be able to make it to many games this fall other than his official visit.

“I’ll definitely get here as much as I can,” said Dormady, who could be in attendance the first weekend in October when the Volunteers host Florida in Neyland Stadium.

"If Texas offers me a scholly, I'm going to take it. But otherwise, I'm going to Tennessee."

That's pretty much how I read that.

At least he's semi upfront about it and not "f Texas they didn't offer me back then so I'm not going there. I'm going to tennes...what? Texas just offered??!!? See ya losers!!"

"If Texas offers me a scholly, I'm going to take it. But otherwise, I'm going to Tennessee."

That's pretty much how I read that.

As of now, they probably aren't going to offer him one because they already have a commitment from the guy we REALLY wanted all along.

However, this kid sat all of last year with the shoulder injury so he could absolutely blow up his senior season and they come in at the last minute and take them both.

Committed Over:*Chance Hall*had a final five of*Notre Dame,*Tennessee,*Vanderbilt,Virginia*and*Virginia Tech. However, he ultimately choose the Volunteers over Vanderbilt.

Rated:*Hall is a three-star prospect and the 87th-ranked offensive tackle in the country by Scout.com.

Scouting Report:*Hall is a big, athletic offensive lineman with a great motor. Although he has played more on the defensive side of the ball, Hall has a lot of natural tools to become a very good offensive lineman at that collegiate level.

At 6-foot-5, 283 pounds, he has a great frame and could easily add another 20 to 30 pounds. As mentioned above, he’s very athletic. Hall really fires off the ball and shows a good initial punch and plays with good leverage. He also has the ability to get to the second level with ease.

Although he does many things well, there are some areas where he can improve. He needs to continue to get stronger. Another part of his game where he can get better is his pad level, as he does plays too high at times. Once he gets to Knoxville, and gets college coaching and into Tennessee’s strength and conditioning program, look for these things to improve immediately.

Recruiting Impact:*Getting Hall's commitment is big for multiple reasons,

First, offensive line was a huge need and Hall becomes the third in the Volunteers' 2015 class, joining offensive tackle*Jack Jones*and offensive guard*Zach Stewart. Look for them to take at least one more.

Next, it gives Tennessee momentum in the state of Virginia. Top prospects in from each state talk all the time and Tennessee is pursuing several big-time prospects in Virginia such as*Josh Sweat,*Tim Settle,Ricky DeBerry,*Jahvoni Simmons, Darvin Taylor II and*Darrell Taylor. With Hall in the fold, expect him to try to get some of those guys to join him.

Final Thought:*Hall is a great addition to Tennessee’s class. While he may not be as highly rated or as well-known as some of their other commits, Hall is a prospect with a lot of ability and a tremendous upside. Although Hall will likely redshirt during the 2015 season, it will be hard to keep him off the field the following year. I think he will contribute early in his college career and ultimately become a very good player in the SEC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back