BaseVOLS Thread.

Are you effin kidding me????

I hate all things even remotely related to a UT uniform, it all sucks forever.

hanging-suicide.gif-w500.gif

I still think we are a year away FWIW, remember 80+% of these boys will be back next year. They are learning to win against the best.

Vols/Vandy baseball is going to be fun, man. Corbin has dominated the state for years. Not anymore though.

Got 'em in basketball, got 'em in baseball.

All will be back to normal, come football season.

VOLS representing for them gangstas all across the STATE
VOLS still hitting them corners on the lo-lo's, girl.

STILL V-O-L

A trio of pitchers combined for a two-hit shutout asTennessee*took down No. 7*Vanderbilt*7-0 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium on Sunday.

The Volunteers (21-9, 5-7 Southeastern Conference) got one of the better performances of freshman right-handerKyle Serrano's career. He gave up two hits and four walks against three strikeouts to improve to 3-1.

Andy Cox*and*Andrew Lee*came in out of the bullpen with 3 2/3 hitless frames.

After two runs in the second, Tennessee plated two more in the third after*Derek Lance's home run and Scott Price's RBI triple.

In the bottom of the fifth,*Christin Stewart's two-run triple upped the advantage to 6-0. Stewart slid into home safety on a wild pitch for the final score.

Stewart and*A.J. Simcox*split four hits and four runs between them.

*On Saturday,*Nathaniel Maggio*walk-off single to left field plated Stewart and Tyler Schultz.

Three errors plagued the Big Orange in the early going, resulting in four unearned runs.

Bret Marks*picked up his second victory as a Vol with 2/3 of an inning pitched.*Will Maddox*tallied a third of their nine hits and walked once. Derek Lance totaled four RBIs and two runs off a double and a single. Stewart added a double and single.

*On Friday, the Vols carried a three-run lead into the fourth inning before the Commodores bats came alive.

Taylor Smart*homered, doubled and drove in all four runs for the hosts. Losing pitcher*Nick Williams*went 4 1/3.

Winning arm*Tyler Beede*struck out six and allowed five hits and two walks in eight frames.

Up next, Tennessee hits the road for five straight games starting with a matchup with Tennessee Tech in Cookeville on Tuesday night at 7.

Members online

No members online now.
Back