BaseVOLS Thread.

THE SKINNY SOUTHPAW WHO COULD: Tennessee junior second baseman Will Maddox and freshman designated hitter Nick Senzel have been named SEC Baseball Player of the Week the past two weeks, but The MSR believes a different player — sophomore left-handed pitcher Andy Cox — has actually been the Vols’ most valuable player this season. Check out these numbers: Cox has pitched in 10 of Tennessee’s 16 games this season, and he’s tossed 25 innings. In those 25 innings, he’s allowed just 14 base-runners and two earned runs, giving him an ERA 0.72 and a WHIP of 0.56. Opponents are hitting .091 against him. He’s walked seven and struck out 22. He was two wins, zero losses and two saves. He’s been absolutely sensational as a spot starter, a long reliever, a set-up man and a closer. The 6-foot-2, 160-pound southpaw from Memphis has been arguably the best pitcher in college baseball this season, statistically speaking.

THE SKINNY SOUTHPAW WHO COULD: Tennessee junior second baseman Will Maddox and freshman designated hitter Nick Senzel have been named SEC Baseball Player of the Week the past two weeks, but The MSR believes a different player — sophomore left-handed pitcher Andy Cox — has actually been the Vols’ most valuable player this season. Check out these numbers: Cox has pitched in 10 of Tennessee’s 16 games this season, and he’s tossed 25 innings. In those 25 innings, he’s allowed just 14 base-runners and two earned runs, giving him an ERA 0.72 and a WHIP of 0.56. Opponents are hitting .091 against him. He’s walked seven and struck out 22. He was two wins, zero losses and two saves. He’s been absolutely sensational as a spot starter, a long reliever, a set-up man and a closer. The 6-foot-2, 160-pound southpaw from Memphis has been arguably the best pitcher in college baseball this season, statistically speaking.

Damn, had no idea he was dealing like that

I'm in. GBO. Where can I find more in-depth commentary and info to peruse in my leisure time on these baseVols?

I'm in. GBO. Where can I find more in-depth commentary and info to peruse in my leisure time on these baseVols?

@vol_baseball on twitter is the official account of the team. They do a fantastic job of linking streams, articles, in-game updates, and the best radio broadcasts.

They cover pretty much everything.

Twitter is heavily useful for this exact sort of stuff -- relatively obscure news that you would probably otherwise miss. I use Twitter as an incoming-only news source. It's worth it.

This right here. Pretty much all major news whether sporting, political, or what-have-you breaks on twitter. Great resource.

So what's the situation on getting streams online for the SEC games? I'm assuming that isn't something that'll be covered by ESPN3, at least not on a regular basis. I'd like to start watching some games but I'd especially like to know how to get the Saturday game next weekend at USC.

Utsports may be able to get it done. I think they stream all home games anyway

Utsports may be able to get it done. I think they stream all home games anyway

Yeah, just now noticed that all of the home games on there have both a listen and watch button, but listen only on the road. Maybe I can just find the South Carolina equivalent and see if they do the same thing on their site.

Edit: bingo, that'll work.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back