GWN's Fitness Thread

Did 21 miles in 3 runs this week just the same. If my chest is effed I might actually get around to training for a marathon.

I felt it happen and immediately was like "I just tore my pec". Felt like muscle shearing apart. I can't do a lot with my left arm other than move it around...any resistance, especially in a pushing movement, is agony.

Going to try to get in to the doc next week. As long as it's not ruptured and doesn't need surgery, I don't think there's much you can do other than rest it.

Any news?

Was out of town most of this week and have to be gone again most of next week. Plus it's a workers comp claim, so I'm sure I'll get seen sometime around May.

Damn, well I sure hope the pain level has gone down significantly since it first happened if you might have to wait until May to get officially diagnosed/fixed.

It's feeling a lot better. I haven't done any strenuous weightlifting this week...just running/cardio, and I'm out of town almost all of next week. Hoping it continues to improve if I take it easy another week. But as of now, I don't think it's nearly as serious as I initially thought.

Ran 7 this morning in 30 degree weather. Rethinking the running tights conversation we had about a year ago.

Was out of the routine for a bit after we first moved here, but have been dialed back in for the last 4 weeks or so.

It takes a hell of a lot longer to make gains when you're old like me.

Three months ago I was 1 pound away from being in the 170s for the first time in a long time and then it all went to **** and I was back into the high 80s. Was on vacation last week so didn't do much good for myself but slowly starting to work my way back down starting again this week. Still focused a lot on my workouts but also paying a lot more attention to my diet now.

Was at 209 two and half weeks ago, down to 203. Would like to hit 190. No easy task considering the wife's insatiable appetite lately.

Three months ago I was 1 pound away from being in the 170s for the first time in a long time and then it all went to **** and I was back into the high 80s. Was on vacation last week so didn't do much good for myself but slowly starting to work my way back down starting again this week. Still focused a lot on my workouts but also paying a lot more attention to my diet now.

Bump just to keep myself accountable.

180.8 this morning, really thought that second number was going to be a 7 this time but progress none the less. I'm sure I'll creep back up a pound or two over the weekend but I'm hoping to be solidly in the upper 70's by next Friday.

180.8 this morning, really thought that second number was going to be a 7 this time but progress none the less. I'm sure I'll creep back up a pound or two over the weekend but I'm hoping to be solidly in the upper 70's by next Friday.

Was really hoping it was going to be a few pounds less so it might last through a long weekend and with football back but technically I made my first goal, 179 with a bullet today.

Process is not fast but 175 is the next goal, hopefully two more weeks is doable.

Members online

No members online now.
Back