GWN's Fitness Thread

Day got away from me so will be doing my running tonight. Probably treadmill for first time since it’s so cold

I did 5 on the treadmill tonight myself. It’s a de-load week so I’m not worked up about it. Need to get 7 in on the trails on Friday morning.

Next week it ramps up. 3/6/3 then 12 on the long run; week after is 3/6/3 then 13. The volume really ramps up from here out.

Deadlifted today for the first time in probably 6 months. Extremely light. Felt good to do deads again, though.

Finished up with 3 miles worth of intervals on the treadmill. Averaged just over an 8 minute mile. Need to speed that up to under 8 on shorter runs.

It used to be one of my stronger movements, but my back is a disaster and I’m trying my best to stay intact for this marathon. Still, I’ve always found that my body responds best to a mix of weight training and cardio, so I still try to get the basic movements (squat, deadlift, bench) in.

Years ago a guy named Bill Simmons wrote a book and program called Body For Life. It’s what really got me into fitness for the first time. There’s a quote in the book that always stuck with me. Basically, it says “If you’re shaped like a pear and you only do cardio, you’ll just become a smaller pear.” Got to get resistance training in there to truly change the shape of your body.

Got my 7 in on the trail this morning. Legs were heavy from the other training I did this week, so the pace wasn’t good. It’s done and we’re on to next week, where 12 miles on Friday looms large.

Members online

No members online now.
Back