GWN's Fitness Thread

I made it.

3:11. Felt slow and not particularly strong today, but also felt good enough mentally to grit it out. I’m exhausted and my right calf is still kind of jacked but otherwise feel good. Still intimidated by that last 6 miles, but I know I can do it, even if I have to walk for a minute.

Will use the next two weeks to prioritize stretching, foam rolling, and recovery.

TBreazy

I made it.

3:11. Felt slow and not particularly strong today, but also felt good enough mentally to grit it out. I’m exhausted and my right calf is still kind of jacked but otherwise feel good. Still intimidated by that last 6 miles, but I know I can do it, even if I have to walk for a minute.

Will use the next two weeks to prioritize stretching, foam rolling, and recovery.
Awesome. Nice work.

the recovery for me has been frustrating. I wasn’t major sore and haven’t been but the “mild” general soreness and tightness has just continued to linger. I’ve about decided a week isn’t enough to recover from 20 to turn around and knock out 16 more..

I’ll be ok with rain as long as no puddling.

It’s funny how they treat the distances as suggestions. The half marathon is over 14 miles. The marathon is over 26.6 and the 40 is almost 41.
Let it be known...I will look at my watch when I cross 26.2 and that will be my marathon time that I post for God and all comers to behold and judge.

How the hell is this a Boston Marathon qualifier when the distance is almost half a mile longer?

TBreazy

Let it be known...I will look at my watch when I cross 26.2 and that will be my marathon time that I post for God and all comers to behold and judge.

How the hell is this a Boston Marathon qualifier when the distance is almost half a mile longer?
I would say same here but I have no idea what distance my watch is going to say when I’m at 26.2 so there’s gonna be some post mile 26 guesswork.

TBreazy

Just cranked out 10 under 90 min. Legs were heavy heavy for the first 7.5 or so but broke through and felt good finishing. Took a lot of hills today. Gonna spend the week stretching, rolling, hydrating and sleeping. Primer runs Tuesday and Thursday.

wU-Tang Vol

Just cranked out 10 under 90 min. Legs were heavy heavy for the first 7.5 or so but broke through and felt good finishing. Took a lot of hills today. Gonna spend the week stretching, rolling, hydrating and sleeping. Primer runs Tuesday and Thursday.
Sounds like you’re ready big guy. How long do you roll?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.