Where is everyone?

Guys, I’m mentally drained. Our initial surgery was enough to drain a man, and then she recovered. Yesterday evening she spiked a fever of 102.5 and we went to pediatrician. No Covid, no flu, fever down. Took Motrin, went to bed. Woke up at 12:45 with her eye almost swollen shut. Vandy says to come in, probably a simple infection. Can’t find a vein for her IV so she gets stabbed a few times and they finally get it. Run a CT, then next thing you know they are scaring the crap out of us. May lose some of her vision, dancing around telling us anything. When we finally ask, “should we be concerned?” the 2 resident docs look at each other for like 5 seconds and look back at us with a “no, but yes” answer and start telling us that it could have went to her brain....Then discuss with us how a spinal tap can mess up her nerves... thankfully our surgeon was here and calmed up down. My wife and I were an absolute wreck when they told us it could have went to her brain. Thank y’all for letting me vent to y’all. We are so, so mentally exhausted. But. She is so strong. She is the strongest little girl I know.

Guys, I’m mentally drained. Our initial surgery was enough to drain a man, and then she recovered. Yesterday evening she spiked a fever of 102.5 and we went to pediatrician. No Covid, no flu, fever down. Took Motrin, went to bed. Woke up at 12:45 with her eye almost swollen shut. Vandy says to come in, probably a simple infection. Can’t find a vein for her IV so she gets stabbed a few times and they finally get it. Run a CT, then next thing you know they are scaring the crap out of us. May lose some of her vision, dancing around telling us anything. When we finally ask, “should we be concerned?” the 2 resident docs look at each other for like 5 seconds and look back at us with a “no, but yes” answer and start telling us that it could have went to her brain....Then discuss with us how a spinal tap can mess up her nerves... thankfully our surgeon was here and calmed up down. My wife and I were an absolute wreck when they told us it could have went to her brain. Thank y’all for letting me vent to y’all. We are so, so mentally exhausted. But. She is so strong. She is the strongest little girl I know.
Bro. I’m not a parent so I can’t relate but you and your wife’s strength is amazing. Keep your head up. Here for you any time.

Praying for you guys right now.

if you need anything please reach out or let us know on food

She is special. Y’all went through so much just to get her. God chose her for a reason brother. This is just part of her story.

Thank y’all boys. I know that y’all have reached out about wanting to help and get us dinner one night. So if all you guys wanted to pitch in together, you can actually send a “gift card” via door dash. I believe all you need is my wife’s phone number. It is Six One Five- Four One Five- Five Eight Nine Seven. That is my wife’s phone number. Her name is Paige Bumpus if you need to know that as well. We’ve had people send us something that way. Guys, I can’t tell y’all how much it means to us that y’all wanna help. Y’all are truly amazing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back