The Somewhat Serious Discussion Thread

If anyone is interested in him, I would strongly suggest listening to some of the podcasts or such that he has been on before buying the book. Joe Rogan’s most recent podcast is a good one...I find Rogan to be pretty fair, professional, and insightful even if his views and beliefs don’t always align with mine. And they have a great discussion.

NochNoch

I appreciate you responding. I certainly agree with some of your points regarding gender and marriage, but I also agree with him to an extent as well. Perhaps it was because I was also raised in a southern Baptist home with those same values. The chaos and order stuff is interesting and gives you things to reflect on and dive into, but I don’t know that I’d go so far as to assign it to one person in a relationship or another.

Your comment on the mothership about some of his views being “easy to hate” just struck me and I was curious what it was. I find a lot of his work extremely profound and I do think he is misconstrued and his comments misrepresented to a great extent (not that you did that.)
I do agree with you there, although I obviously disagree with him on certain issues I think the level to which he is demonized by some is just ridiculous.