AJ Johnson discussion

Vercingetorix

Figured a thread will be useful for this.

Surely some of you guys have some inside information or at least know what the current rumors are. Anyone read anything?

Paging Scotty...

I don't know, I just find it really hard to believe. Just have to wait for the investigation to see what comes out.

It does seem weird to me too.

Butch's team has stayed out of trouble and this is the team leader.

I don't know. I definitely don't want to write off the accusation, because that type of thing is so common in rape culture.

The official word:

Update from Hubbs....

"The investigation is on-going. No charges have been filed at this point. The thought is that the investigation will likely wrap up tomorrow or Wednesday and the information will be sent to the DA's office where it will be further reviewed and decisions will be made as to whether or not to charge anyone and what to charge them with assuming the female wishes to press charges as she has indicated she does."

"The timing of this late in the season is why it's hard to see either player back in the regular season. Again neither have been charged at this point. If something happens this week and there is a decision not to press charges then that changes everything. But if charges are filed, then arrests will be made and we will see where things go from there."

-VQ

The rumor from someone over on VQ that was proven to be pretty plugged in with Hurd's family during his recruitment:

I don't really post a ton of opinionated stuff on here. I generally just keep it to sharing reliable information that I've been told by others (that know much more than I do). From what I'm hearing (and I am not going to even write this here), it's not good. Not good at all.

Now there are a few different people in the RF who are saying that there are rumblings that AJ may end up being fine in all of this but Williams is the one who is really in some trouble.

No idea as to the sources of those rumblings, one guy says that he won't reveal his source but it comes from someone directly involved (whatever that means). Any other "sources" are probably VQ posters, some of whom tend to carry weight while others not so much, no idea as to what type these might be.

From group message from bud:

This is something I really can't elaborate on, which I'm sure you guys can understand. But if the full story ever comes out I think it will be a huge story. A lot of layers here.

Also said he thinks AJ will be fine, but will never play another down here.

It does seem weird to me too.

Butch's team has stayed out of trouble and this is the team leader.

I don't know. I definitely don't want to write off the accusation, because that type of thing is so common in rape culture.

Seems highly unlikely that two separate girls would walk out of there feeling like they were assaulted if everything were aboveboard.

From group message from bud:

This is something I really can't elaborate on, which I'm sure you guys can understand. But if the full story ever comes out I think it will be a huge story. A lot of layers here.

Also said he thinks AJ will be fine, but will never play another down here.

The only way this comment makes sense is if there's something extremely rotten in the culture of Tennessee football. Which I wouldn't doubt.

Hot rumors here! Hot rumors here!

Rumor is:

--AJ and Michael Williams were at a big party and ended up with two girls; one of which is on the rowing team at UT (from Knoxville) and the other was a friend visiting from Florida.
--AJ, while in a serious relationship, has been banging the rowing girl on the side; she is the one alleging rape. The girl from Florida, provided information that alleged sexual assault, but has gone back to Florida, changed her tune and indicated she is not looking to press charges.
--No charges have been filed, but information is being gathered the next couple of days and will be submitted to the DA for review.
--The rowing girl has indicated she will pursue charges and has hired an attorney. While I would want my daughter to have the best resources at her disposal, this "possibly" suggests she will be seeking financial recovery for damages.
--Some of her rowing teammates are tweeting out her story is BS, fwiw.

This is from the Scout site. If this is the case then you'd think it would be thrown out pretty quickly. Meanwhile we've got rumormongers on in the FF talking about how bad it looks. It was so much nicer before the internet, you guys.

Hot rumors here! Hot rumors here!

This is from the Scout site. If this is the case then you'd think it would be thrown out pretty quickly. Meanwhile we've got rumormongers on in the FF talking about how bad it looks. It was so much nicer before the internet, you guys.

Good lord.

My best friend (who is currently on his Mormon mission) was on the rowing team at UT.

He probably knows the girl, although he can't communicate with her right now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back