Braves Thread Podcast

Z was talking about it for awhile. Sure seems like the time is right.

I think the formula for success is three or four guys at a time, half hour show to start, once a week. Maybe longer while football and basketball overlap. Z might be able to talk Big Wickman into letting him call it the Vol Nation Report or something like that. Let me do some digging on the technology to see what would be required to get off the ground.

Yeah. Honestly, my ignorant opinion, it can't be too awfully hard to do.... just need to know if buying a mic is required or using a phone or what. Skype may make it possible.

I think to start we would need to select topics and get going, but eventually we could take "reader questions."

It just needs to be planned well and scheduled..... the 2 other times I've thought about this, folks wanted to just go on and start talking, thinking it would become its own thing pretty easily. I disagree with that. I think, especially not having interacted with each other in person or via telephone, it could go off course until you develop a feel for each other.

Yeah. Honestly, my ignorant opinion, it can't be too awfully hard to do.... just need to know if buying a mic is required or using a phone or what. Skype may make it possible.

I think to start we would need to select topics and get going, but eventually we could take "reader questions."

It just needs to be planned well and scheduled..... the 2 other times I've thought about this, folks wanted to just go on and start talking, thinking it would become its own thing pretty easily. I disagree with that. I think, especially not having interacted with each other in person or via telephone, it could go off course until you develop a feel for each other.
Look buddy, I'm not "developing a feel" on any of you guys, ok?

I don't have much to offer to this but I'm happy to give it a listen. And I'll donate if you guys can kick me a t-shirt or something.

Scotty's out.. Too many tired "trying to cover up the fact that he's gay" gay jokes

I think the key to building any kind of audience is to start off from the beginning trying to be at least sort of professional about it, both in terms of production quality and the way it's structured. No one wants to listen to four dudes aimlessly shooting the shlt while yelling into their computer's built in microphones.

I think the key to building any kind of audience is to start off from the beginning trying to be at least sort of professional about it, both in terms of production quality and the way it's structured. No one wants to listen to four dudes aimlessly shooting the shlt while yelling into their computer's built in microphones.

Yup. I sure as hell wouldn't listen to it.

Here's a high-level overview of the process. Everybody buys a microphone. The host sets up a multi-person Skype call. Everyone records his own audio (presumably from within Skype). Everyone sends his own audio file to the host, who mixes them together, probably in GarageBand or something like that. The podcast gets hosted somewhere, probably on SoundCloud, and gets added to the iTunes database through some as yet unknown process.

I don't have any giant desire to appear on the podcast myself, but I guess I'd be willing to give it a shot if nobody else wants to deal with the technology end of it. Z is letting me down.

Here's a high-level overview of the process. Everybody buys a microphone. The host sets up a multi-person Skype call. Everyone records his own audio (presumably from within Skype). Everyone sends his own audio file to the host, who mixes them together, probably in GarageBand or something like that. The podcast gets hosted somewhere, probably on SoundCloud, and gets added to the iTunes database through some as yet unknown process.

I don't have any giant desire to appear on the podcast myself, but I guess I'd be willing to give it a shot if nobody else wants to deal with the technology end of it. Z is letting me down.

Z will surely jettison this project as he did the Chop. Right after he puts up a naughty word filter, of course.

Members online

No members online now.
Back