Braves Thread Podcast

Podcast Ideas:

I think it might be a good idea to discuss the 2014 class in the first episode. We will have time for prediction episodes (Tennessee, SEC, and NCAA) throughout fall camp. Predicting depth charts and such now might not be great because we'll just learn so much more in camp.

Berry Twins:
Elliott's recent interview hinted at a wager between the brothers about who will cause more turnovers. Those on the podcast could choose a side of that wager and we could see how that changes throughout the season. This would start a board of bets/sides that we could track and see how we do.

Discussion of how great and important it is that Evan (and seemingly the entire class) has high expectations for themselves. In his recent interview, Evan said, "Why not expect a lot from us?" and that is the mindset we need with 32 newcomers and 12 seniors.

This could branch into a discussion of the study habits of legacies. There is talk of Bates diligently watching film with his father since middle school, his brothers playing in college, and him stating that he has always liked to look at film and have a full grasp of why he is doing what he is doing. Elliott also mentioned watching film and drawing up plays since he was a young age, and this aligns with all of the reports of Eric being a film-room enthusiast in his time as a Vol.

Discussion of Vic's importance to this class. Being here with guys he recruited. His enthusiasm about these newcomers. And how funny it is that there was some last-minute panic we might lose Vic.
That could branch into a discussion of who might return kicks. Vic, in his interview, mentioned going to catch kicks with Pig every single day trying to get better.

Finally, if someone knew some roommate assignments, there could be a fun discussion of the most-talented room on campus. Kelly and Bates are rooming together. The Berries are rooming together. Are Curt and AJ? Are Malone and Quez?

What position battle are we anticipating the most heading into camp?

I will try to think of more discussion topics later today. Obviously, we could find a way to discuss Butch & staff in a few different capacities.

Here are a couple preseason ideas I thought about.

1. Confidence in Positions

In early August, you can basically rate each position, but instead of grades, I think doing confidence ratings for present and future would be a cool idea. For example: On defensive backs, right now I'd give it a 5 in confidence of being a solid SEC group, but for the future I would be like a 9 because of guys like Payne, Gaulden, Kelly, etc. That would be a nice full podcast you can do for 60 minutes that can be engaging and fun.

2. 2014 Recruiting Class

Have a lot of one podcast be about the 2014 recruiting class and what we expect, who we like, etc. It's probably too late to do grades, but we can talk about how impressive the defensive back haul was, how we needed to get a couple defensive tackles, maybe do a couple things like: Favorite prospect, who will be the best player out of this class, 3 star sleeper, etc.

3. Game by Game predictions

This would be a nice, simple thing to do and I think an engaging topic you could include VN members on too.

Also, I think having 5-10 minutes devoted to answering questions in a thread or on twitter would be get a good amount of hits.

Also, I think having 5-10 minutes devoted to answering questions in a thread or on twitter would be get a good amount of hits.

Current and future confidence grades is a really good idea.

I like this also. Would definitely generate a lot of interest on the mothership if you had a weekly thread dedicated to soliciting questions for the show.

I'm not sure how we could make it happen, but we could all weigh in on our opinions and see what Twitter has to say about it. I'd like to do like a 5-10 minute recruiting segment with those that keep up with it (AV, DBake, Lotto, Scott)

I like this also. Would definitely generate a lot of interest on the mothership if you had a weekly thread dedicated to soliciting questions for the show.

Especially if you came up with a topic too. Like if we did the current/future confidence grades, have people ask questions about positions and what not.

Also, unsure if it can be done, but do have some friends that hang out with JRM every time he comes home to Clarksville. Worth a shot at an interview

If you wanna talk sec experience, fans, facilities etc or NFL stuff or training camp behind the scenes with an UFA, I could get marlon brown on in ten minutes

Prob not popular regarding tn fans being a target audience to start ha

I have a feeling that a lot of people in that target audience would have a very large, morbid curiosity to hear him talk about the experience of being recruited by Kiffin and Co.

From my end, it might take me a little bit of work to get a game of friend of a friend going but if there was any interest in having a former Vol players perspective I could probably at least get an opportunity to ask CJ Fayton to do something. I know that he was far from ever being a superstar but I really felt like he got screwed out of what could have been a pretty big senior year with an injury a few games in. Also, just from a personal side, he has a pretty cool/impressive story after UT and his wife/family has a cool Vol tie-in aspect to it.

I have a feeling that a lot of people in that target audience would have a very large, morbid curiosity to hear him talk about the experience of being recruited by Kiffin and Co.

From my end, it might take me a little bit of work to get a game of friend of a friend going but if there was any interest in having a former Vol players perspective I could probably at least get an opportunity to ask CJ Fayton to do something. I know that he was far from ever being a superstar but I really felt like he got screwed out of what could have been a pretty big senior year with an injury a few games in. Also, just from a personal side, he has a pretty cool/impressive story after UT and his wife/family has a cool Vol tie-in aspect to it.

Forgot all about the kiffin and orgeron angle haha. He had some wild stories about nukeese and recruiting trips. Prob too recent to talk about all that. He was also recruited by fulmer. And almost every name college around the country as well.

Sounds cool about fayton. I'd def be interested in hearing that

Prob shoulda had this up and rolling, just got gifted an incredible trade deadline

Members online

Back