Important burger question for Noch

Vercingetorix

You recently mentioned a burger with crab meat and a fried egg on it. Was this crab meat loose, or was it packed together into a sort of crab-cake thing on top of the burger?

Loose crab meat. They use jumbo lump crab at the particular restaurant that I was talking about.

Thanks. I'm grilling burgers for dinner tomorrow night and I've got some lump crab meat in the fridge. I Googled up "crab meat burger" today and it looked like a lot of people actually make a little crab cake that they put on top of the burger, which sounds way heavier than I want.

Thanks. I'm grilling burgers for dinner tomorrow night and I've got some lump crab meat in the fridge. I Googled up "crab meat burger" today and it looked like a lot of people actually make a little crab cake that they put on top of the burger, which sounds way heavier than I want.

Yeah, that doesn't sound all that appealing to me either. Burger with the lump crab meat directly on top and then cheese melted on top of it to help hold it all in place throughout the eating. Then of course the fried egg on top of all of it.

The only thing I'm undecided about is whether to fry up a rasher to put on it too.

could you combine the ground beef and crab meat in one patty and grill it up

could you combine the ground beef and crab meat in one patty and grill it up

Good idea, but I feel pretty confident that in order to get the beef adequately cooked, even just to medium-rare, you'd have to burn the crab meat to ash.

I'm going to 1) cook the burger most of the way done, 2) top with the crab, 3) let it warm up, 4) melt the cheese, 5) ease the fried egg on it, 6) put the whole thing into a bun, and then 7) grill the entire damn thing on both sides a little longer so the bun gets grilled top and bottom and the grease from the burger soaks into the bun and the whole thing becomes a disgusting coagulated magnificent mess. It's gonna be great.

I bet if someone randomly finds this site, they're probably thinking wtf does a crab burger have to do with the Braves

The grill-the-whole-thing technique works really well. I picked it up from a buddy who always gets roped into doing the grilling anytime there's a 4th of July party or something. He does everybody else's the normal way, and then finishes the last two in the bun. "The girls won't eat it this way because they'll all think it's disgusting, but it's the best." He's right.

I'm going to 1) cook the burger most of the way done, 2) top with the crab, 3) let it warm up, 4) melt the cheese, 5) ease the fried egg on it, 6) put the whole thing into a bun, and then 7) grill the entire damn thing on both sides a little longer so the bun gets grilled top and bottom and the grease from the burger soaks into the bun and the whole thing becomes a disgusting coagulated magnificent mess. It's gonna be great.

I do the "stack it all together while still on the grill method" as well but have never tried the last step with the bun. I'll have to look into that the next time it's burger night.

People start flocking here and we might have to get rules..

I know Wickman temporarily lifted the gate to finally sneak Lotto's ass in here but, other than that, I think we're protected from anyone else joining due to the Great Spam Wars of 2013.

Members online

No members online now.
Back