Wu's very own recruiting thread.

Junior day update please Mr. Wu.

I made it all of 3 seconds in the recruiting forum before I had to move on.

Butch Jones spent most his time Saturday with Kyle Phillips to personally recruit him. Said he had a really good visit and is building good relationships with the coaches.

4* MI DL Josh Alabi said we are co-leaders with Mich St, but said that UT feels like "home" to him.

4* MI RB Mike Weber, teammate of Alabi, said he had an awesome visit as well and will return soon for another visit, as will Alabi.

3* GA WR TJ Ramming continues to say UT leads and had an incredible visit. Seems like he may commit soon.

4* Taj Griffin visited, unsure how it went

4* GA DE D'Andre Walker also had a good visit, but AU & UGA "stand out" to him right now.

'16 NC QB Austin Kendall said he enjoyed his time on Rocky Top with his teammate Elijah Deveaux ('16) and both plan on returning to watch a game. Possibly the best QB in the '16 class.

'16 TN ATH Gabe Angel had a good visit and has been on our campus 6 times since offering a year ago. Vandy legacy.

GA ATH J.K. Britt was offered. Liked the trip, would like to make another visit.

TN QB Nick Tiano, who has a Miami offer, camped Saturday and plans on camping next Saturday too. Really seems like he wants a UT offer.

4* MD DL Keiron Howard had an excellent visit, said in a tweet he might have to make UT his home soon. VQ said he is not a take atp (crazy we are passing on high rated guys like this for now).

We offered NC RB Rocky Reid on his visit Sat. Last year ran for over 3,100 yds and had 40 TD's (video game numbers)

Offered GA LB Austin Smith on his visit.

AL Teammates Dee Smith and Keaton Anderson (legacy) both came up and had great things to say about their visit. Both said they will return soon

A lot of other visitors that they have not released the articles/info on yet of their trip.

VQ said we are in good position with Zach Gentry, NM QB. Bama offered.

Marquell Harrell, 4* OL, is being recruited hard by the Berry Bros and really likes UT. Grew up a UT fan.

Austin Clark, 4* OL, still very high on us

Duke Shelley, who committed before coaches gave the green light, said UT still leads.

We offered 4* TN DB Cameron Ordway. He received a ton of crystal ball predictions to UT as soon as we offered.

We are still in a good spot with 4* TN DB Ugo Amadi, a lot of people believe we lead.

We are still recruiting Rico McGraw and he is listening still

Next weekend is another big junior day

Roquan Smith visiting next weekend. Also, Jalen Dalton, Tyron Johnson, Alex Ofodile, and Trenton Thompson visiting next weekend. All are great players, top 100 on most services.

Last edited:
I don't think Kendall is better than that Jarrett Guarantano (sp?), but he's still really promising.

Jarrett is a STUD.

I notice the T Gibson for Heisman crowd calmed down over there lol.

Yeah. A very good athlete, but a project at QB IMO. That Berry guys loves him some T Gibson lol

Yeah. A very good athlete, but a project at QB IMO. That Berry guys loves him some T Gibson lol

I mean, I'm not a talent evaluator by any means, but my 7 year old cousin knows more about football.

He asked if Gentry was even a good QB the day after he got a Bama offer.

He's just mad cuz T Gibson ain't coming, but come on now..

Members online

Back