Wu's very own recruiting thread.

We're apparently recruiting half of the population of Noch's current residence in Virginia Beach

Huge recruiting weekend for junior day. A ton of talent on campus. Dooley wouldn't get this much talent on campus in an entire year. Butch did it in a weekend. Next weekend is huge as well.

Carl Tucker, '15 NC Safety (4*), says he will visit UT & UNC for spring practices and then commit soon after. He did say Vols lead the day after he visited UNC.

We're apparently recruiting half of the population of Noch's current residence in Virginia Beach

This is awesome. It is crazy the talent from that region. I think there was something like 5 Virginia Beach (area) boys playing in the Super Bowl. Crazy.

Wu,

You think we flip Jaason Lewis?

He seems like the kid, similar to Preston, that when the shine of a new commitment wears off, he'll take visits. If we can get a few of his friends on board, maybe. He is dead set on playing RB though, and our "depth" scared him away. Right now it's not looking great. Noch may be able to add a little more detail here

A dude from my hometown is the equipment manager for the team, says Pig is having grade issues, and a lot of personal issues (not his fault) back home. Says he hasn't been with the team all spring. Also says, if he misses spring practice there is serious cause for concern.

He seems like the kid, similar to Preston, that when the shine of a new commitment wears off, he'll take visits. If we can get a few of his friends on board, maybe. He is dead set on playing RB though, and our "depth" scared him away. Right now it's not looking great. Noch may be able to add a little more detail here

Not a ton to add but I do think there could be something to your point about if we were able to pick up commitments from some of his teammates. From what little I have heard, Lewis is a pretty all around good kid and I think he wanted to commit early and start recruiting for that team. My gut would say that there isn't much of a chance but, if all of a sudden there are 2 or 3 of his teammates committed to us then I guess anything could be possible.

This is awesome. It is crazy the talent from that region. I think there was something like 5 Virginia Beach (area) boys playing in the Super Bowl. Crazy.

It really has gotten crazy recently. In the past, the actual city of VB has had the occasional guy come out and blow up but most have come from the other half of the area. Hampton Roads, as the area is referred to, is broken up into the Southside and the Peninsula, VB is on the Southside and Hampton and Newport News are on the Peninsula. Peninsula is where the Vicks, Iverson, Ronald Curry, etc. all came from. Since Percy came out of Landstown though, the Southside is more than holding it's own. Now apparently Ocean Lakes is more stacked than I could have ever imagined, I only really knew about Lewis and Simmons, now we are going to offer half that team. And then, sitting out in Chesapeake kinda on it's own, is the D1 factory of Oscar Smith.

Members online

No members online now.
Back