GWN's Fitness Thread

Where is the update
That’s definitely my bad. I typed something out and either didn’t hit post or didn’t let it go through before I exited out.

Went about as well as possible in terms of having a plan and it working. Fuel/hydration on point but I didn’t have to deal with any sun. Total cloud cover but very humid.

Felt great and strong. Somewhere between 16 and 17 my feet started hurting and the last two miles were a major drag time wise. I finished about 3:05. The good news is I had 6 more in me but they were going to be ugly. I could have coasted to the finish without the feet popping up.

Recovery has been great and outside of one spot on my right foot, I couldn’t tell I did much out of the ordinary training wise yesterday. Assuming my feet don’t break, I feel good about knocking it out.

My first strategy was to book some quicker miles and just fight to the finish. Over time it evolved into decently paced but more steady miles throughout. After yesterday, I don’t know if I should repeat that plan and hope my feet hold up or book the fast miles while I’m 100%. I finished with plenty in the tank strength/cardio wise but the physical pounding on my feet caused the last 2 to be north of 10.

Good news is I could still book 6.2 in 55 minutes but I’m not gonna kill myself to break 4 hours. I’m hoping the feet issue was a result of skipping the midweek runs. I’ve had something going on between my left hamstring and hip that has been a constant pain from 6 miles on and wanted to clear that out. Hopefully getting back to the midweek runs through the taper will let my feet hold for the 26.

Awesome man. I’m glad you’re feeling pretty healthy and confident. Hope I’m in the same mental shape as you after I knock out 20 this weekend.

I’ve got to let go of shooting for a specific time. At this point, I’m going to run as fast as i can, so long as I’m feeling strong. If that means slowing to a shuffle after 18, so be it. It’s more important for me to come away from this thing with a feeling of accomplishment rather than disappointment. Shooting for sub-4:00 is just unrealistic for me.

Awesome man. I’m glad you’re feeling pretty healthy and confident. Hope I’m in the same mental shape as you after I knock out 20 this weekend.

I’ve got to let go of shooting for a specific time. At this point, I’m going to run as fast as i can, so long as I’m feeling strong. If that means slowing to a shuffle after 18, so be it. It’s more important for me to come away from this thing with a feeling of accomplishment rather than disappointment. Shooting for sub-4:00 is just unrealistic for me.
You’ll know after the 20. It’s one of those “what’s 6 more?” feelings for sure. I could barely walk after I finished running but I could have kept rumbling if I hadn’t stopped. Hard to explain. Foot pain was really real though.

I’m letting go of the sub 4 also unless I’m feeling it at the 18 mile mark. Too many unknowns prior to that.

I’ve mixed in about 20 minutes of nightly stretching to try to keep the groin and calves loose. If they don’t give me trouble, I feel like I might be able to average a 9:15 pace or so. But that’s a big if.

I’m also nervous about the hills. All my runs have been fairly flat. Although I will say that the humidity should be significantly less than what I’ve been running in so that may work in my favor.

I’ve mixed in about 20 minutes of nightly stretching to try to keep the groin and calves loose. If they don’t give me trouble, I feel like I might be able to average a 9:15 pace or so. But that’s a big if.

I’m also nervous about the hills. All my runs have been fairly flat. Although I will say that the humidity should be significantly less than what I’ve been running in so that may work in my favor.
I have been hilling myself to death so not major concerns there unless it’s Kilimanjaro

Members online

No members online now.
Back