The Tennessee Vols thread

OCIVol just dropped a "fergs is going to lead us to two SEC titles" prediction.

i can pump sunshine!

tumblr_mags1k9k531regn3xo1_400.jpg

Gotta be honest, I want Fergs to start, but it'll be funny if Worley just absolutely carves up some defenses the first few games.

Gotta be honest, I want Fergs to start, but it'll be funny if Worley just absolutely carves up some defenses the first few games.

Just curious, why do you want Fergie? I want Dobbs to start but im not sure why. It just seemed like such a big deal that he flipped to us that it seems like i was supposed to be super excited? I don't know.

Truly: mostly because I saw him play a few times in hike school and I sort of sided with him while the Josh Dobbs slobberfest took place.

Dude sat there and watched our fans trash him and question why he should even be a part of the recruiting class and all he did in response was get pumped to be a vol then come to camp and outclass Dobbs (maybe outclass everyone, the 'freshman' part just works against him). I think he can run enough. He's athletic and willing to stick his nose in it. I have a feeling he gives approximately zero Fs and could command the team even being so young.

And I think he's probably the best arm talent on the team.

Truly: mostly because I saw him play a few times in hike school and I sort of sided with him while the Josh Dobbs slobberfest took place.

Dude sat there and watched our fans trash him and question why he should even be a part of the recruiting class and all he did in response was get pumped to be a vol then come to camp and outclass Dobbs (maybe outclass everyone, the 'freshman' part just works against him). I think he can run enough. He's athletic and willing to stick his nose in it. I have a feeling he gives approximately zero Fs and could command the team even being so young.

And I think he's probably the best arm talent on the team.

Good reasoning, i like it.

Also fond of "hike school"

Ditto dbake

Also, JJames said Riley reminds of him bray and I'm for all things bray

Haha I don't think he's full Bray... and a reason for that is because I don't think he is our head coach's arch rival. If you told me "Bray with less arm talent but better everything else" I would take it and run.

I said this in the recruiting forum around a week ago, but I think Ferguson would be the best QB at our roster at making uncomfortable throws, simply based on arm talent. He'll have to talk himself down sometimes and learn to use his ample protection to take simple throws and stay ahead of the chains on 1st and 2nd down, though.

He has the ability to force a throw and succeed in doing so. Idk if Worley does.

I'll also say this: Marquez North requires patience.

He had almost no QB in high school. Jet sweep/wildcat, he was an absolute beast. The high praise is that much more awesome because of how raw he truly is. He also might already be our biggest offensive threat outside of the offensive line... and could have success getting the ball in the backfield AND catching rhythm passes with no YAC. He will be in high demand. Biggest reason Croom and Devrin need to have big years is because the burden on North will get silly in a hurry if they don't, and he'll likely hit a wall (or simply be slowed by CBs that are physical JRs and SRs).

First thread I see criticizing North for struggles against UF or whoever will get on my last nerve.

Dbake just slobbering all over the NC boys today I see. Shameful I tell ya, just shameful :)

I am very interested to see how CBJ decides to shuffle this little menage a QB in the first three games. Always tricky knowing when to take a kid out, etc.

Members online

No members online now.
Back