Cheese Dip

Screenshot this bad boy. Plan on making in the near future. Think I could pull this off a la crockpot?

I'd make the whole thing in a saucepan first and then use a crockpot if you wanted to keep it warm for awhile. You need to use a saucepan first to soften and caramelize the onions and pepper first anyway.

This recipe deliberately makes a too-thick dip to start and then has you add in more cream a dollop at a time to thin it out to exactly the consistency you want, which I like. Also you can obviously make it as hot or not-hot as you like, depending on whom you're feeding. I use green chiles instead of jalapenos if the kids are going to be eating it.

Not going to claim that this is the greatest cheese dip anywhere or anything, but it's easy and produces something that tastes like restaurant queso. Definitely worth trying.

Also, the usual way I've had to acquire shredded white American is to buy a hunk of it and shred it myself with a cheese grater. Had to ask them to cut me a piece off at the deli counter once.

Also, the usual way I've had to acquire shredded white American is to buy a hunk of it and shred it myself with a cheese grater. Had to ask them to cut me a piece off at the deli counter once.

Made you feel like a damn commoner huh

Making cheese dip with spicy sausage and buffalo chicken dip as well. Wings with 5 different sauces. Gonna smash it tonight

jalapeño poppers, buffalo chicken dip, Italian sausage grilled cheese, yuengling

I was going to make wings, but I went to two groceries and they were sold out of wings that were already cut up into flats and drumettes, and I'll be damned if I'm going to butcher a bunch of chicken wings myself when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself. So I just bought some Publix wings instead. I also bought all the stuff for nachos, but then a buddy of mine came over with a whole mess of kielbasa and we just ate that instead. I ended up not cooking at all and just drinking beer instead. Didn't suck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back