GWN's Fitness Thread

Best bet for restaurants is to drive over to St Simons Island instead…Jekyll is a little slow and not nearly as much available and SSI isn’t far at all. Just about the only two on Jekyll I can think of are Tortuga Jack’s and the Rah Bar, both of which are fine.

If you make it over to SSI, go to Catch 228 for seafood. Barrier Island Brewing Co has a great menu, Southern Soul has good barbecue, and Sal’s has the best pizza in the area. There’s also a burger place called Certified that’s outstanding.

Thank you sir. I think we're gonna target Catch 228 one evening.

Trying to make my way to Southern Soul, too, if I can.

GWN - a colleague and I are working on research on the effects of physical fitness on officer stress (and the direction of that relationship) and officer confidence/apprehensiveness in use of force scenarios.

I would love to pick your brain sometime from a training perspective. Or even discuss research ideas in this space.

We have interesting preliminary results from a survey study and I think we can measure some things better in the future. Lots of unanswered and important questions.

GWN - a colleague and I are working on research on the effects of physical fitness on officer stress (and the direction of that relationship) and officer confidence/apprehensiveness in use of force scenarios.

I would love to pick your brain sometime from a training perspective. Or even discuss research ideas in this space.

We have interesting preliminary results from a survey study and I think we can measure some things better in the future. Lots of unanswered and important questions.
I would love to help. Hit me at btquillen@gmail.com and we’ll link up.

Still doing BJJ 3-4 days a week. Mixed some weight training back in as well. And still get a couple runs a week in.

I did break my pinky toe, though (again) which really sucks because there’s nothing you can do for that, other than tape it up.

Oh sure. They’re very popular amongst folks in my work community.
I was just curious. You remember Brendan Schaub from the UFC? He does podcasts and he's a comedian now, he's done 3 so far and always has his own group sign up to run with him, they usually have about 500 people in his group.

I could never do one lol

Members online

Back