GWN's Fitness Thread

Rolling hills and shoulders. Probably won’t be able to lift anything tomorrow. Can’t remember the last time I did shoulders

SMH. How quickly we forget.
I am loosely thinking I’m going to smash the St Jude half in December, go under 4 at the Disney full in January, and 4:30 in the Strolling Jim in May. Then retire to halfs only.

as encouraging/discouraging as the SJ was - as I meet more people who have run marathons, often times they were slower than what I did the SJ in. Especially first ones.

the mental defeat of the SJ will live with me if I do not conquer it (even tho I kinda conquered it)

I am loosely thinking I’m going to smash the St Jude half in December, go under 4 at the Disney full in January, and 4:30 in the Strolling Jim in May. Then retire to halfs only.

as encouraging/discouraging as the SJ was - as I meet more people who have run marathons, often times they were slower than what I did the SJ in. Especially first ones.

the mental defeat of the SJ will live with me if I do not conquer it (even tho I kinda conquered it)
I think you can get to 4:30 with little fanfare now that you know what to expect and can tailor your training and game day approach to the hills.

Worked out chest/biceps the last couple days and increased weight and can still move. I start my new job Monday so I’m gonna start getting better on my diet and cut back my drinking again after my vacation.

First run since the half in early December due to the calf injury was yesterday. 3.4 miles in 30 min. Didn’t check pace once, just wanted to go 30 min based on feel. No issues at all but a little sore today. Running 60 min tomorrow with the same “no pace check” objective.

I’m currently:
Monday HIIT cycling
Tuesday upper body strength + lower impact cycling
Wednesday “short” run
Thursday upper body strength + recovery cycling
Friday “long” run
Saturday long endurance cycling
Sunday off

GWN (or any other takers) - any restaurants to target on jekyll island? staying there a couple nights coming up. Gonna have the little one with us but wonder if you have any recommendations nonetheless.

GWN (or any other takers) - any restaurants to target on jekyll island? staying there a couple nights coming up. Gonna have the little one with us but wonder if you have any recommendations nonetheless.
Best bet for restaurants is to drive over to St Simons Island instead…Jekyll is a little slow and not nearly as much available and SSI isn’t far at all. Just about the only two on Jekyll I can think of are Tortuga Jack’s and the Rah Bar, both of which are fine.

If you make it over to SSI, go to Catch 228 for seafood. Barrier Island Brewing Co has a great menu, Southern Soul has good barbecue, and Sal’s has the best pizza in the area. There’s also a burger place called Certified that’s outstanding.

Members online

No members online now.
Back