2013 English Premier League Thread

Majority of American sports fan would drop their team immediately if they got relegated

Most of the English fans I've met whose teams get relegated and stay down eventually move on too, talking wistfully about their old team like a son they left behind in Vietnam. If such a thing as independent, competitive minor leagues existed over here, I think American fans would supported it exactly as much as English fans do.

Most of the English fans I've met whose teams get relegated and stay down eventually move on too, talking wistfully about their old team like a son they left behind in Vietnam. If such a thing as independent, competitive minor leagues existed over here, I think American fans would supported it exactly as much as English fans do.

Exactly. English fans who now live in the States eventually move on because for the purposes of following a team not in the PL it is virtually impossible except for just watching a computer screen update if someone scores. People who still live there who can still go to games or can watch all the games, they'll stay with them usually no matter how far down they fall. Some traditionally good teams who have been down for a while now still sell out every home game they have.

So does the NBC app work pretty well?

It worked pretty close to perfectly last week. Once I started streaming it to an Apple TV it was almost exactly like having the game on an HD channel. No on-screen ad, even. Mrs Verc was astonished when I told her we were watching it over the net.

Aren't Saturday mornings even more blessed than the used to even be now? Tis a beautiful thing! And as 2013 pointed out last week, it reaches full perfection next week when you can roll right into college football games afterward.

Aren't Saturday mornings even more blessed than the used to even be now? Tis a beautiful thing! And as 2013 pointed out last week, it reaches full perfection next week when you can roll right into college football games afterward.

It's terrific. Best part is you don't have to wait all day in anticipation. Wake up, drink beer, eat a GD grown mans breakfast and stream the game.

+Sunday games with a hangover and Hardee's breakfast are always a good way to go

That's all you REALLY need, but some fried eggs and sausage are not a bad addition.

Good thing yall made this thread to talk about soccer in and keep it out of the Braves thread....oh wait

Members online

No members online now.
Back