Grumors

Scotty's Flat Top

Because why not. This is not my info, I know who got and that the guy he got it from would absolutely know. Explains a lot of the smoke from the first dance with one Sir Jon Gruden.

Attachments

• 30AE9429-A861-46AD-8D1E-A48409FEA980.jpg
    30AE9429-A861-46AD-8D1E-A48409FEA980.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 16
Save guy is saying Gruden is again interested, maybe even more this time around and Currie is very smart and wants it to happen. TIFWIW

How you haven’t started a new handle and crop dusted the Gruden thread is beyond me.

Lots of things floating around out there...where are you with the grumors Scotty?

Gosh I don’t know man. Majority of me says no just on the principle of what happened last time. But a lot of people who would know are saying things that make it tough to discount the possibility. I know for a fact he was an inch away from taking it last time, it’s possible he still has serious interest.

So what you're saying is....there will be breaking news tonight that Butch has been let go and Gruden accepts the job live on the air from Nashville?

So what you're saying is....there will be breaking news tonight that Butch has been let go and Gruden accepts the job live on the air from Nashville?

apparently the code word tonight on MNF is a shout out to his son’s fraternity (AGR). If that happens... break out your spiders and bananas.

Yeah, I read all that stuff that goes along with the AGR shoutout. Fairy tale stuff.

That said...I want to believe.

Gosh I don’t know man. Majority of me says no just on the principle of what happened last time. But a lot of people who would know are saying things that make it tough to discount the possibility. I know for a fact he was an inch away from taking it last time, it’s possible he still has serious interest.

I just don't really believe that's true. I do believe that there were a bunch of UT boosters who thought he was an inch away from taking it, but that's not the same thing at all. It seems clear that Gruden A) has a real soft spot for Tennessee and B) really loves attention, so it's easy to see how there could be a situation where all the boys back in Knoxville thought it was almost a done deal but for Gruden himself if was mostly just an impractical fantasy that he loved the idea of but was never something he was realistically going to take.

I put a little more stock in it until he was walking around Market Square gladhanding this weekend. There is no way he shows up Butch like that if he's actually talking to us.

A little odd that he was sitting in the stands though.

And apparently didn’t meet the coaches. Or the players.

Personally, I think it really was that close last time. Hart didn’t want to give him the level of control he wanted or the money he wanted for his staff, so he walked.

And I do believe Currie will make the best possible run he can at him this time. If he says no, he says no.

Isn't it far more likely that if Gruden had decided he was ready to be coaching again, he'd have found something else? Do you really think that he was really ready to walk away from his incredibly lucrative, cushy life and go back to 20-hour days for the rush of competition, and then when it didn't work out with Dave Hart....he just didn't do anything? So that five years later he's still sitting here hoping that this time around this one job works out?

What this scenario requires is that for whatever reason our job is the only one Super Bowl-winning Jon Gruden really wants. No NFL job, no other college job. I love Tennessee as much as anyone but I find that pretty hard to believe.

This is from the guy I got all my info from last time:

Sexton is pushing Mullen hard.
He indicated to people on Friday that he thought he was not going to be able to get Mullen the job and that the feeling was Gruden was taking the job. This morning the word out of the Sexton camp is that the Gruden thing should be wrapped up one way or another by the end of this week but he is leaning towards taking the job.

No leaks at all on UT's end.

This is from the guy I got all my info from last time:

Sexton is pushing Mullen hard.
He indicated to people on Friday that he thought he was not going to be able to get Mullen the job and that the feeling was Gruden was taking the job. This morning the word out of the Sexton camp is that the Gruden thing should be wrapped up one way or another by the end of this week but he is leaning towards taking the job.

No leaks at all on UT's end.

So- according to your guy... it’s probably happening?

Members online

No members online now.
Back