Taking Tips on fatherhood and a pregnant woman.

My man! Thought this place was dead and buried so just check on a whim and saw the thread, congrats bud.

We've got about 4 or 5 weeks to go until Declan shows up. Hope your wife is as lucky as mine has been, definitely wasn't fun for her for the first couple months but, in the grand scheme of things, its been a pretty easy pregnancy. That being said, she pretty fsckin over it. Putting the finishing touches on the nursery today, that's really been my job as of lately. Good luck man.

Thank you Noch. We are pretty pumped. We are around 8 weeks, still haven't gone completely public with the news yet but we are chopping at the bit. The wife hasn't been sick just tired as hell.

Tomorrow is our first real doctor appointment, sounds like it's going to be interesting!

Yeah, we were the same way about telling people. She had a couple of really close friends that she told immediately but she wanted to hold off on telling anyone else so I was going nuts. Think we told family at 10 weeks and everyone else around 12 or so. The being tired thing went away for my wife after the first two months but then came back with a vengeance just recently, she's always tired now. Doesn't help that she has to get up every two hours or so to use the bathroom bc the kid is kicking her in the bladder.

First Dr. appointment is pretty damn cool bc you hear the heartbeat for the first time and that was the "holy chit, this is real" moment for me. After that the appointment when you find out the gender at 20 weeks is also pretty crazy. Other than that, the rest of the appointments are pretty uneventful. I went to almost all of them bc she wanted me to but there isn't all that much to them.

A) Big time congrats to my flat topped brother. That's is awesome man. Thoughts, prayers and well wishes.

B) Didn't realize the time was so close Noch.

Yeah, we were the same way about telling people. She had a couple of really close friends that she told immediately but she wanted to hold off on telling anyone else so I was going nuts. Think we told family at 10 weeks and everyone else around 12 or so. The being tired thing went away for my wife after the first two months but then came back with a vengeance just recently, she's always tired now. Doesn't help that she has to get up every two hours or so to use the bathroom bc the kid is kicking her in the bladder.

First Dr. appointment is pretty damn cool bc you hear the heartbeat for the first time and that was the "holy chit, this is real" moment for me. After that the appointment when you find out the gender at 20 weeks is also pretty crazy. Other than that, the rest of the appointments are pretty uneventful. I went to almost all of them bc she wanted me to but there isn't all that much to them.

Haha yeah I'm learning that. I think it is finally setting in, we were trying but the whole process thus far for me has been a holy chit moment.

Did you pack on any weight Noch?

I put a few pounds on but that had more to do with the timing coinciding with the holidays and all that surrounds that time of year, I didn't fall into the sympathy weight thing or anything like that.

I have a friend whose wife #1 name for boy is Bryce and #1 for girl is Harper (she has no idea who Bryce Harper is)

He said I just can't do that

I said my wife would smack the **** out of me if I even joked about naming my kids Bryce Harper and yours is WANTING to. What's wrong with you man

I have a friend whose wife #1 name for boy is Bryce and #1 for girl is Harper (she has no idea who Bryce Harper is)

He said I just can't do that

I said my wife would smack the **** out of me if I even joked about naming my kids Bryce Harper and yours is WANTING to. What's wrong with you man
Wow.

Had the first ultrasound today, long story short they couldn't find the heartbeat. They said that about 2 weeks ago we lost him or her. Appreciate any prayers. Probably going to step away for a bit.

Oh, Scott, I'm so sorry man. I don't have any words, I'm heartbroken for you and your wife. Thoughts and prayers my man.

Damn. I'm so sorry Scott. Prayers for you and your wife. That's terrible man.

Members online

No members online now.
Back