Braves Thread Podcast

I couldn't decide between those two. Originally typed "chat" in the email to Z, sat on it for a couple minutes, then suggested chatter.

Chat seems like it's a one-time thing. Chatter may fit better with the couple-times-a-week and rapid-fire-questions-from-thread podcasts that we may do.

If it were set to once a week, I think Chat. If it's gonna be a few shorter ones each week, chatter.

I think you could use either "chat" or "chatter," whatever your schedule ends up being. It just depends on what you like the sound of better.

That said, I think one of the keys to building a successful podcast is to have a regular, predictable schedule.

What do you think would be best?

Like, a Sunday one then a Thursday one?

What do you think would be best?

Like, a Sunday one then a Thursday one?

If you're doing two a week, then that sounds good. (Although most people won't listen to your Sunday podcast till Monday.) If you're only doing one, then a Thursday release is probably best. Football preview during FB season; post-mortem on the mid-week game during BB season.

True about folks not listening on Sunday. May still do it on Sunday just to have it there Monday. Sunday review of the game, Thursday preview of the next.

One suggestion, have a longer/more detailed run down than you ever think you'll need. After you guys get a few under your belt, if you find that you're really comfortable talking extemporaneously then you can back down on the planning but for the first few that you do I'd recommend to over plan for it.

I still think y'all would be well served to start off with one weekly podcast, which you can always expand as you see fit. Easier for you guys to start, so less burnout potential. Probably easier to build an audience that way too.

That's what it'll be during the next few weeks, IMO. Two, if it happens, wouldn't until the season.

FWIW there's already a checkerboard chatter dot com. They have a twitter account with roughly 1800 followers. Seems to have been inactive for a bit but probably wouldn't be good for branding yourselves down the road.

FWIW there's already a checkerboard chatter dot com. They have a twitter account with roughly 1800 followers. Seems to have been inactive for a bit but probably wouldn't be good for branding yourselves down the road.

You should've been an attorney.

You should've been an attorney.

Was my initial career path. Had an internship. Realized it was much more paperwork and bulls hit than hammering away at witnesses and pausing for dramatic effect before dropping the bomb in the closing argument. But alas, I was disappointed.

Tom Cruise in a few good men is how I envisioned my life playing out on a weekly basis.

Good find. Looks like an abandoned project, but they last tweeted less than a year ago so I bet they wouldn't be happy about someone stepping on their name.

Checkerboard Chinwag
Big Orange BS
Rocky Talk
Smokey's Balls

Mrs Verc's niece is an artist with a pretty good sense of humor. Might be able to get her to draw some cover art of Smokey with an orange football and orange basketball for testicles.

Members online

Back