New Career Ideas for Brown Thread

Appreciate it boys, definitely a bit of a surprise. In the grand scheme of things, given our location, we are a pretty small firm compared to a lot of firms in the big cities so I knew I'd been nominated but never expected to make the cut.

Congratulations brother!! Recognition is always a great thing even if you can't recognize it. I've always wanted to be a "Young Gun"

When I was a kid I always wanted to be in Top Gun but I guess a Young Gun will have to do!

Accepted.. last day March 10, start date March 20, trying to talk the wife into Phoenix for ST + Grand Canyon for the week in between.

Accepted.. last day March 10, start date March 20, trying to talk the wife into Phoenix for ST + Grand Canyon for the week in between.

Congrats, last day is my birthday. And good luck with the wife, Grand Canyon is unbelievable. Pictures don't do it justice.

This trip turned into disneyworld 🙄 but I did at least see a Braves ST game

I have a job offer to teach business management and entrepreneurship courses at a pretty prominent high school and be the baseball coach.

Pretty humbling, pretty unexpected, pretty drastic potential career change.

I have a job offer to teach business management and entrepreneurship courses at a pretty prominent high school and be the baseball coach.

That’s an awesome opportunity Breeze. Whatcha leaning towards?

Whoa. That’s a damned sight from CPA.

Still...exciting.

That’s an awesome opportunity Breeze. Whatcha leaning towards?

It’s no secret that coaching baseball and helping youth are passions of mine and the corporate ratrace is relatively miserable but still trying to weight the pros and cons man

Not to get too personal, but how big of a hit in compensation? Has to be fairly significant, I would think...

Not to get too personal, but how big of a hit in compensation? Has to be fairly significant, I would think...

I’d assume you are correct on the surface but it does depend a bit on how “prominent” he means. I know a few folks at a few “prominent” schools who do exceedingly well, better than I could ever imagined.

It’s no secret that coaching baseball and helping youth are passions of mine and the corporate ratrace is relatively miserable but still trying to weight the pros and cons man

I’ll make the decision for you. Do it.

Money isn’t everything. Be happy.

Yep. You only get one life. If you have a chance to do what you love for a living then that's worth rearranging your life for.

I gotta agree. I’d give up everything if I could build cars for a living like my brother.

Financial aspect does make it tough, though. Can’t deny that.

Members online

Back