GWN's Fitness Thread

Nice man. I'm working my ass off but leaning out is coming slow. Guess that's what being 41 gets you...

Nice man. I'm working my ass off but leaning out is coming slow. Guess that's what being 41 gets you...

I'm 5 years behind you in that regard but I definitely still understand the sentiment. Don't know for sure if science would prove me to be accurate but it FEELS like I've noticed a big difference in just the last 18-24 months, dropping has gotten way more difficult and gaining is fair too easy.

I'm 5 years behind you in that regard but I definitely still understand the sentiment. Don't know for sure if science would prove me to be accurate but it FEELS like I've noticed a big difference in just the last 18-24 months, dropping has gotten way more difficult and gaining is fair too easy.

It becomes more and more noticeable all the time. Recovery is slow. Gains are slow.

I need HGH.

Was really hoping it was going to be a few pounds less so it might last through a long weekend and with football back but technically I made my first goal, 179 with a bullet today.

Process is not fast but 175 is the next goal, hopefully two more weeks is doable.

Two weeks later and...still 179. Damn, this is proving to be even more difficult than I thought.

New goal, 175 by end of the month.

What's your diet?

First time in my life I've actually been trying to watch/count calories. I still basically don't care on the weekends but Monday through Friday I'm consuming less than 1,800 calories per day. Some days I barely get over 1,200 all while working out regularly and downing over a gallon of water every day. Seems virtually impossible to not drop at least a pound or two doing it that way but that's where I am.

I say this from personal experience...

That's great that your diet is strict M-F...but if you're going nuts on Saturday and Sunday, you're wasting all the effort you put in during the week. Especially as you get older.

Saturday is still my free day, but I've had to learn that I still have to be somewhat reasonable on what I eat. I can sabotage a week's worth of work by going ape shlt on Saturday.

JMO

Yeah, I hate to admit it because, as much as I want to take care of myself and be healthy I also don't want to feel like I'm a slave to this stuff, but I've started to question the whole weekends are free days mentality. That's gonna be a difficult bridge to cross though, I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I look forward to breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and that doesn't even begin to take into account football food.

Yeah, I hate to admit it because, as much as I want to take care of myself and be healthy I also don't want to feel like I'm a slave to this stuff, but I've started to question the whole weekends are free days mentality. That's gonna be a difficult bridge to cross though, I'm almost ashamed to admit how much I look forward to breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and that doesn't even begin to take into account football food.

I totally get it. Food has been a struggle for me my entire life. Eating strict Sunday through Friday is a struggle each day. If I don't hold myself accountable, I gain weight very easily.

Some people work out so they can eat what they want...I almost wish I had that mentality. I look at it like there's no way I'm busting my ass in the gym like I do without seeing results in the mirror.

I'd say do your best to either cut it down to one free eating day a week, or try to be reasonable for at least part of both weekend days.

I totally get it. Food has been a struggle for me my entire life. Eating strict Sunday through Friday is a struggle each day. If I don't hold myself accountable, I gain weight very easily.

Some people work out so they can eat what they want...I almost wish I had that mentality. I look at it like there's no way I'm busting my ass in the gym like I do without seeing results in the mirror.

I'd say do your best to either cut it down to one free eating day a week, or try to be reasonable for at least part of both weekend days.

Agree with everything you are saying and I do believe that this is the route I'm going to go...

starting some other weekend. Thirty minutes until kickoff in Gainesville is not the day that I'm going to have the willpower to not open a 🍺.

Two weeks later and...still 179. Damn, this is proving to be even more difficult than I thought.

New goal, 175 by end of the month.

So, one day short of the end of the month, I still didn't make it to 175 but just this morning I did see 177 which is lowest I've been in over a decade I think. This process, at this age for me, has proven to be agonizingly slow but it is working. At this rate I'll start hitting my goals just in time for the holidays!

Men,

Summer is approaching. I had a couple minor injuries that really set me back last fall and slowly reached about 215lbs. I didn’t look bad, but I certainly wasn’t where I wanted to be. So I started putting in the work around the beginning of the year...

I’m down to 196. Free of back and hip pain. Have worked my nuts off to get here.

Y’all putting in work? How is everyone?

I have admittedly slacked off. Between selling and buying a vehicle and currently selling and purchasing a new home, I’ve been spread pretty thin. I’m up to 185 which kills me. I only get to go about once a week now. Hopefully this will all be finished soon and I can get back in it.

Men,

Summer is approaching. I had a couple minor injuries that really set me back last fall and slowly reached about 215lbs. I didn’t look bad, but I certainly wasn’t where I wanted to be. So I started putting in the work around the beginning of the year...

I’m down to 196. Free of back and hip pain. Have worked my nuts off to get here.

Y’all putting in work? How is everyone?

I have moved the needle down to 194. Was hanging around 205 for the longest.

Took my FIT test this morning. Ran the 1.5 mile in 10:01, free weight bench press of 280, and Illinois Agility Test of 15.9. Not bad for an old fat man.

Members online

Back