Spam spam spam spam spam

Still a little bit of an issue, obviously. Killing registrations stopped new ones. I've just got to get these straggler accounts banned. I'm letting them build up a few and then doing a dozen or so at a time. Pain in the ass.

Just ban everyone but us? There's what.. 12 people that actually post here?

I've been checking in and banning the one's who post. It seems to be only a few a day at this point. When I have a bit more time, I'll install some spam prevention tools but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm actually thinking of using you guys as guinea pigs to test out some different software. :)

I've been checking in and banning the one's who post. It seems to be only a few a day at this point. When I have a bit more time, I'll install some spam prevention tools but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I'm actually thinking of using you guys as guinea pigs to test out some different software. :)

Sounds dangerous

So if new registrations are turned off, how do we keep getting these spammers in here starting new threads with their first post?

Apparently they spam-registered a bunch of new accounts and then didn't use them. I have no idea how it works. I'm just keeping the ban window open all the time I'm here now.

Titanics goin down. All good things must come to an end. Fun while it lasted

RIP

Members online

No members online now.
Back