Where is everyone?

Brown, what ended up happening with the job? And the lake house?

Lake house - we have seen 5 or 6. The best house/furnishings we saw, we weren’t crazy about the lot/neighbors. The agent said the neighbors were that way because holiday weekend (maybe true maybe not) but they were needing to sell the house because they were buying a bigger house. They would be willing to accept $x which was way below the price. He said they would also be willing to lease-purchase so we could try it out and see if the neighbors really were not going to be to our liking. So I offered a lease purchase at the lowest price he said they would accept with 12 month lease, 60 day term notice, and all lease payments going to sales price with a purchase decision due 10 months in or any time before. He called my wife the next day telling her what we really wanted to do was a land contract, it’s so much more beneficial for us, trying to tell her what we wanted etc etc. Also that the price we offered (the he said they would accept) was nowhere near enough.

The best side hustle I got going is building and selling houses in Nashville and a land contract is a purchase commitment which totally negates the lease option for us to test drive the neighbors. Land contract is also for people who can’t get traditional financing.

So I called ol boy back and told him to kick rocks and if I heard from him again I’d report him to whatever licensing boards necessary.

We are still looking but not in a significant hurry.

Brown, what ended up happening with the job? And the lake house?

The job - I am still at my current job. I was offered the other job after the interview process. It was a much easier job, similar salary but less bonus potential and much less upside.

As far as coaching, I am the lead assistant coach for 7-12 grade (basically I am welcome at whatever practice/game I want to be at without having to commit to any scheduling problems). The varsity head coach is a guy I have known in coaching circles for a couple years now and knows his stuff, especially hitting.

I had a meeting with the school president about their thoughts around where their going with this entrepreneurial program they’re trying to start and would like for it to be a little more fleshed out before I left what I have to do that. We’ll definitely stay in touch and keep working towards something that makes sense.

Last edited:
Well I am going to be a weekly writer and weekly podcast for a site called Detroit Sports and Entertainment as a small part time gig starting next week.

And Z

I work with a phenomenal marketing guy who’s a website hit driving/google wizard. I have been toying around with the idea of letting him put together a website and us producing *content. I wanted to reach out to you about podcasting with me as well in connection with it.

*content being all aspects of financial planning/investing, market updates/speculation, sports-Braves and VOLS specific content but all topics, fantasy/daily sports, sports betting, etc.

Last edited:
Jesus. Brown bringing the lumber today.

And as far as the neighbors...that’s a game-changer that absolutely should not be underestimated. I’m actually considering selling and moving farther out if we end up staying here for this very reason.

Jesus. Brown bringing the lumber today.

And as far as the neighbors...that’s a game-changer that absolutely should not be underestimated. I’m actually considering selling and moving farther out if we end up staying here for this very reason.

No doubt. Last thing I want is to be annoyed when trying to get away from being annoyed.

Took off work today and going to the lake tomorrow.

I’ve added half dozen from the thread alone this year

I made a joke about Ben gutting Bass bc he made a comment about his catcher, now I wish he could gut him from VN. Instead I finally had to ignore him, unintended consequence is how much better the recruiting forum is without him.

I’ve had bass on ignore for almost 2 years now. He sucks.
LOL. Well done.

I don’t venture out of the Braves thread too much and when I do I usually lurk. Never run into the dude before now.

I feel like Mr Checkerboards / Henley is next on the ignore list

And Z

I work with a phenomenal marketing guy who’s a website hit driving/google wizard. I have been toying around with the idea of letting him put together a website and us producing *content. I wanted to reach out to you about podcasting with me as well in connection with it.

*content being all aspects of financial planning/investing, market updates/speculation, sports-Braves and VOLS specific content but all topics, fantasy/daily sports, sports betting, etc.

My man definitely let me know. That sounds super fun to do. I don’t have any long term commitments with the site and probably just gonna be for NFL season. I’ll shoot ya my email if you ever need it

Lake house - we have seen 5 or 6. The best house/furnishings we saw, we weren’t crazy about the lot/neighbors. The agent said the neighbors were that way because holiday weekend (maybe true maybe not) but they were needing to sell the house because they were buying a bigger house. They would be willing to accept $x which was way below the price. He said they would also be willing to lease-purchase so we could try it out and see if the neighbors really were not going to be to our liking. So I offered a lease purchase at the lowest price he said they would accept with 12 month lease, 60 day term notice, and all lease payments going to sales price with a purchase decision due 10 months in or any time before. He called my wife the next day telling her what we really wanted to do was a land contract, it’s so much more beneficial for us, trying to tell her what we wanted etc etc. Also that the price we offered (the he said they would accept) was nowhere near enough.

The best side hustle I got going is building and selling houses in Nashville and a land contract is a purchase commitment which totally negates the lease option for us to test drive the neighbors. Land contract is also for people who can’t get traditional financing.

So I called ol boy back and told him to kick rocks and if I heard from him again I’d report him to whatever licensing boards necessary.

We are still looking but not in a significant hurry.
Are you contracting in Nashville?

This new Pruitt Will Do It dude running wild on VN is about to catch the ignore button, he reminds me of Tony Bologna and racist dave.

Edit: I see that wU is with me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back