Redman's misery continues against Phillies

braves guru

What began with a barrage by the New York Mets in the home opener might be coming to an inglorious end for Mark Redman, who took a four-run battering from the Phillies on Tuesday night and a host of full-throated boos from fans at Turner Field. He couldn't hold a 3-0 lead and lasted only 1-2/3 innings, setting up the Braves to lose for the fourth time in his five starts, this time 6-4 to the Phillies. Even the always-supportive Braves manager was at a loss for what to say afterward. When asked if the Braves needed to make a change in their rotation, Cox said, "I don't know. Red just couldn't get it going again Wednesday night. . . . We'll see what's going on."

More...

Cox answering "I don't know" to that question is like any other manager telling Redman to clean out his locker. I suspect that may finally have been Redman's last start.

I'd rather have kept Langerhans and gotten rid of Redman.

:)

Something has to be done.

I think Villarreal is likely to get the next shot at it, although I think they ought to strongly consider bringing Anthony Lerew up from Richmond to see what he can do.

With a righty on the mound for the Phillies tonight, I guess we'll see whether Cox is going to give Diaz a shot at the fullt-time job in left, or put Harris in the platoon with him. I'd rather see the former, but the latter is more likely.

I'd rather have kept Langerhans and gotten rid of Redman.

:)

Something has to be done.

at least we can get some value for langerhans...we would probably have to pay someone to take redman from us

Members online

No members online now.
Back