Official (Chop) Arkansas State @ V-O-L-S Game Thread

Let's do this. Let's dominate.

dm_140831_ncf_utahstate_tenn.jpg

i

hi-res-b9961f70a81c7c3077d5c2bbf349fc76_crop_exact.jpg

0901_KCSP_UTUTS20_MP_1409540513263_7660554_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

Junior's soccer game starts at 3:30. I need Butch to wrap this up in three quarters, please.

Punting. Don't want to get behind early.

More total yards. More success running the ball.

We didn't look great, not saying that. But mediocre at best seems a little low. Flat and vanilla at times for sure.

Success running the ball?

I like our RBs, but our offensive line couldn't block a litter of newborn puppies. Jalen Hurd gets 90% of his yards with about two dudes hanging off him. So I have a hard time viewing our running game as successful.

Special teams took a step back and looked like last year. Kickoff coverage was average if not a little below average. Medley has not shown that he can make much of anything consistently. Kickoff returns are uneventful.

I love the WRs and can't say much bad there. Worley was good in the first half but fell off a bit IMO in the second. Still a good outing.

Overall, I saw a lack of fire and motivation. A lack of defensive intensity. Zero improvement in the offensive line. An average performance in my eyes, with a couple exceptions.

MORE success running the ball. Not where we need to be, but more success.

Team wasn't as hyped up. And if that happens against a really good team, we'll get embarrassed.

More as a comparative to last game. Not more as in "all we do is have success."

Today was about what I expected. Thought we'd score a little more, but it doesn't really change my expectations for the OU game... Save for the playmakers being injured.

Today was about what I expected. Thought we'd score a little more, but it doesn't really change my expectations for the OU game... Save for the playmakers being injured.

I guess maybe that's it for me...I really expected a better showing today. I honestly thought we might leave at halftime if we were up by 35 or so. Don't know if I underestimated Arkansas State or overestimated us. Maybe both.

Believe me...I am looking for ANYTHING positive to take into next week's game. I was initially hoping we could keep it respectable...35-21ish...but now I just have a horrible feeling we're going to get destroyed.

Just felt discouraged and disappointed leaving today. Would not want to be within arms reach of Butch Jones for the next 48 hours or so.

Miserably hot noon game against an uninspiring team; sandwich game between a blowout last week and Oklahoma next week. I expected the team to be to be lackluster today and they were. I don't think I saw anything that makes me feel differently about the team either way, except maybe more confirmation that the OL is going to be terrible.

Worried about the pass rush from OU next week. Worley likely won't be feeling as many feels. OU runs such a unique offense. Hope our D is ready. Hope we can keep it within 2 touchdowns

Members online

No members online now.
Back