2014 Mundial Thread

I care. Gonna be pretty much nothing but futbol around Verc Manor for the next month.

The boy and I are planning to go to the pub on Saturday afternoon to watch England-Italy with the mob. Should be insane.

Pretty stoked about how the my schedule is going to unfold bc I leave at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning for vacation so from that afternoon until I come back home around midnight the following Saturday night, I'll have the ability to watch every game, every day while I'm gone.

Got a few viewing parties on deck. Just hope we are somewhat competitive.

Our group is brutal, but the scheduling is as favorable as possible, considering. Decent chance the Jerries will have sewn up the group by the time we play them. Game one against Ghana is all-important.

Our group is brutal, but the scheduling is as favorable as possible, considering. Decent chance the Jerries will have sewn up the group by the time we play them. Game one against Ghana is all-important.

At least we are riding in with a win streak going, defense seems shaky from the games I've watched. Nice to see Jozy net a couple balls though. He has to play like that in Cup if we are going to make any noise.

Sucks about Donovan, but I am not one to question Klinsmann. Seems he is more or less looking forward to the future opposed to the present. Which makes sense, considering he is absolutely correct in his "unrealistic" statements.

I will actually be stateside for games 2 and 3 for the US. We HAVE to get 3 against Ghana, even tho that is no small task. I am loving the energy down here in Costa Rica. School has already been cancelled for the opening ceremonies and Brazil versus Croatia game.

All right boys, I'm all in.

We re pro Croatia today, right?

Earliest possible hypothetical US matchup with Brasil isn't till the semifinal, so approach BRA-CRO as any generic matchup between an overwhelming favorite and a huge underdog.

Which, unless there is some historical/familial connection involved, means cheer for the underdog at all times IMO.

Members online

No members online now.
Back