Noooooo!!

Vercingetorix

From the AJC:

Redman could start upon return Friday

Mark Redman can be activated from the DL Friday and is being considered for the start in that night's series opener at Boston.

The Braves are deliberating whether to start him or give Anthony Lerew a third turn in the rotation. Lerew struggled Sunday in a 13-2 loss at Pittsburgh, allowing seven hits and five runs in 32/3 innings.

"I don't know, we'll see," Cox said. "Right now it's Lerew."

Redman (0-4, 10.62 ERA) had surgery for an ingrown toenail on his left big toe. He pitched 5 2/3 scoreless innings (five hits, two walks) in a win for Class AAA Richmond Sunday in his first rehab start.

"[Redman] can come back right now," Cox said, meaning he doesn't require more rehab. "He's fine. His toe's good."

Something else to consider: Redman is 1-9 with an 8.13 ERA vs. Boston, including 1-5 with a 7.76 ERA in seven games (six starts) at Fenway Park.

In his first start May 8, Lerew allowed two runs and two hits (home runs) in six innings vs. San Diego.

I'm not sure what is worse - the thought of MArk Redman back in the rotation or the thought of sending a rookie pitcher to the mound in Fenway Park.

i really hope smoltz is good to go by the time we face these guys...either way we better get our bats ready for the weekend

Send the rookie out there. His last start, bad as it was, was an ordinary outing by Mark Redman standards. At least Lerew has some potential; you know what you're going get with Redman, and it's awful.

Send the rookie out there, tell him to get you four or five innings, and see what he can do. Redman should not get another start. He was not very good to begin with, and now it's pretty obvious that he's done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back