What to do at catcher

ScHoolboy Z

Liberty Media has lost its damn mind, fires Frank Wren, and makes you the GM.

What do you do with Gattis/McCann?

McCann is the proven commodity when healthy, and if you have a serious shot to win it all this year, you keep him, even though you'll get nothing for him via trade. After Francouer, Gattis scares me enough to want to keep McCann around. Keep him with Maholm, spot starts in left and at first, and first bat off the bench.

Option 2 is to make Gattis everyday left fielder, Justin to right, Heyward to center, Bossman to second, and Uggla to anyone who'll take him.

Probably keep him. Catcher is actually one of the more important positions to have a backup at, and I sure as hell wouldn't want Laird filling that role. I also still won't trust Gattis until he puts together a complete season. Pedro Alvarez for example was about as hot as anybody in the majors for about the first month and then trailed off and has since proven to be one of tge streakiest players in baseball. Given those 2 things I tend to think that his value to the Braves is greater than what anybody would be willing to give for an often injured catcher in the last year of his contract. That being said, if he can somehow be a part of a package that brings a true leadoff man to Atlanta I would probably take it.

Demote Laird. Let Gattis catch twice a week and against lefties.

Gattis turned around a high strasburg fastball. Aka he's nothing like francoeur. Francoeur's stroke is so long and ugly..it was only a matter of time before he fell flat on his face. Gattis can stroke. He's legit imo. I've stated this elsewhere but I would showcase McCann. If there's value out there move him. If not, roll with a platoonish situation others have mentioned. Give McCann a qualifying offer after the season. Take your draft pick and be happy.

Members online

Back