The April 12th, 2013 Postgame Report

ScHoolboy Z

1. The thing I think I loved the most about Atlanta was their patience late in the game. When down 4-0 like that, 90% of teams press and swing at pitches they shouldn't. The Braves didn't. They did a great job getting their pitch. Five walks in the final three innings was huge.

2. The Dale Murphy Player of the Game: Ramiro Pena. He only had two at bats, but damn, what a boss. That bunt was really big, then he absolutely crushed that baseball off Stammen. He's been a big pickup so far this year.

3. I really liked what Julio Teheran did. He was AWFUL the first two innings, but he came back strong and had a nice, solid outing. He started locating his fastball, and they did a better job mixing pitches.

4. The Andruw Jones Play of the Game: Ramiro Pena's home run of course. 4-4 with two outs in the top of the 10th and one runner on, and Pena crushed it. Werth didn't even move.

5. I was really happy with the win. Obviously, it's April, but the Nats will be the biggest competition for Atlanta this year and getting a win over them is important. I felt like getting 1/3 and competing in all three games would be a good series. They already got the one. Now they got a chance tomorrow to win it with Huddy going on the mound.

CHOP CHOP CHOP

Nice notes. Was at Mellow Mushroom drinking with friends during most of the game. Got home to pay attention during the 9th. I have learned in the last week, NEVER give up on this team. So much fun to watch.

The thing that encourages me the most is how this team doesn't give up...same as the game against the Cubs last week when cocksucker was pitching. Easy to mail it in, but they hung in and grinded it out. Huge.

Nice notes. Was at Mellow Mushroom drinking with friends during most of the game. Got home to pay attention during the 9th. I have learned in the last week, NEVER give up on this team. So much fun to watch.

They are really fun to watch. Look like they are in a groove as a team.

The thing that encourages me the most is how this team doesn't give up...same as the game against the Cubs last week when cocksucker was pitching. Easy to mail it in, but they hung in and grinded it out. Huge.

Something they didn't have in 2011/2012.

I think they are just so confident in each other. It's corny as hell, but it's kind of true. When your lineup has no weak spots, that's what happens.

Dude, and FFF is on the DL! And BJ, Heyward, and Uggs haven't even started hitting yet. This is a WS team.

Makeup up for Gattis? Why are we making up for Gattis? Dude is THE man

Small sample size so far but I've yet to see any of these defensive deficiencies I was told to expect before the season started.

Also:

@Buster_ESPN: Strasburg on Gattis: “I threw one at his neck, and he tomahawks it out. You don’t really face a guy like that ever."

Last edited:
Small sample size so far but I've yet to see any of these defensive deficiencies I was told to expect before the season started.

Also:

@Buster_ESPN: Strasburg on Gattis: “I threw one at his neck, and he tomahawks it out. You don’t really face a guy like that ever."

Suck it Dbake

So we are stuck with only one post game report? I want my money back.

I started help coach a high school baseball team. But I will get two up today

Members online

No members online now.
Back