Braves-Padres Game 2: The Debut of Anthony Lerew!

Vercingetorix

I had hoped they would give Lerew a shot at the late Mark Redman's job, and here he is. Freak, I don't know if you'll like BP's take on him any better than the other ones:

"Lerew's an important young arm in the Braves system, hard as that might be to believe while looking at his performance with Richmond last year [7.48 ERA, with 92 hits and 36 BB in 71 IP]. That rough first half led to a return to Double-A and effectiveness. Lerew has average stuff coupled with good control, meaning he will most likely be a back of the rotation guy or middle reliever. The Braves could use assistance in either department, so he has a job waiting for him if he can just get past the International League."

..but he's got a 1.37 ERA in five starts at Richmond this year, and has apparently turned things around. I like the idea of trying to plug that hole with a young guy with upside instead of finding another retread. I will be watching his first start with interest tonight.

I agree. Retreads are for reta....no I shouldn't say that.

I'll also be watching with interest.

Crap, I'm not going to be able to watch it tonight. You all will have to give me your insight as to how he does.

He did great by the way. Shame he couldn't get a win. Germano pitched really well too though.

The only difference between Lerew and Germano was that they hit Lerew's 2 mistakes a little further than the Braves hit Germano's.

Members online

Back