Braves/Dodgers Game 3

smoltz

Super Moderator
Looks like Chipper and McCann are resting. 1-0 atalnta in the top of the 2nd with Davies pitching.

Davies looked great until the 5th. It would be really nice to steal this game (and the series) with Chipper & McCann on the bench, but given how good the Dodgers' bullpen has been, the Braves need some more runs soon.

I understand the desire to give Chipper a day off, but I think you've got to bring him off the bench when Woodward's spot comes up with the bases loaded and one out.

Edit: double play. Ouch.

Renteria with a double and 2 RBI's with no outs in the 7th.

Edit: Make that 1 out after Francoeur poped up foul behind the plate.

Tied ballgame on a Thorman Single. Chipper pinch hitting and gets a bad call on a pulled back swing and he gets tossed along with Bobby Cox. Cox is now 3 away from the record ejections I believe.

That was a rough call on Chipper. It was close, but it was pretty clear that he did not swing.

He looked great for about 5 innings and then gave up a couple of runs. Definitely an encouraging outing for him. He hit 93 mph on the gun a few times which is faster than I can ever remember seeing him throw.

oh, thanks. I missed most of the game because I went to my friends graduation at UTC. Atleast I will get to see the ending

That was a huge win today. I missed most of the second half of the game, including the critical inning. (Somehow the wife has this expectation that occasionally one must actually do things on weekend days other than stare at a television and watch other people play sports.) But that's a big come-from-behind win, especially against that bullpen.

...and the big hit comes from Saltalamacchia who also gunned down Juan Pierre. If Salty starts hitting, it will be interesting to see if they look at maybe giving McCann a few starts in Left Field. McCann is good defensively, but it's pretty evident that Saltalamacchia is a freak behind the plate.

Members online

Back